Re-chroming: any experience of these companies recently?

Hello again sidescreeners...

I need to have some bits and pieces re-chromed and have received quotes from the 3 companies listed below. Does anyone have recent experience of these establishments, particularly with respect to quality of work? One quote is of the order of 40% less than the others.

Ashford Rechroming

Derby Plating Services

ACF Howell

Thanks in advance for any feedback offered.

Malcolm

Hi Mal,

do you live near North London.

There is a metal finisher/plater next to Wembly Football Stadium (Colonnade) who do a very good job and reasonable prices.

Service is a little slow because they are busy.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Hi Roger

No - I'm about as far away from London as it's possible to be without getting your feet wet... and there doesn't appear to be any re-chromers worth dealing with north of the border, unfortunately.

Do you have the contact details for the mob near Wembley? Posting to London or Derby makes no difference, after all.

Malcolm

The wonder of google... just found their details and sent them an e-mail enquiry...

Edited by bigmalcy

Derby platers are very good but very expensive

I have heard good reports about www.castlefordchrome.co.uk based in Wakefield West Yorkshire. Never used them personally but know a few folks that have

Tom.

I always use these guys. http://www.londonchroming.co.uk/ not cheap but the best quality triple plate and one of the few companies that will do repairs like straightening bumpers etc and removing holes from towbars/numberplates/rot. No connection just a very satisfied customer for more than 25 years.

Stuart.

Fabchrome in Lenziemill (next to Cumbernauld)

Richard.

Mind you they glow in the dark though :lol:

Stuart.

Sorry Richard, got confused with somewhere else and its proximity to a Nuclear reactor ;) nothing to do with the quality or otherwise of their work which Im sure is fine.

Stuart.

In any case Stuart, in a way I wish I stumped for the postage to London Chroming as there's a wee twist in the front bumper that I hadn't noticed before re-plating, quite noticeable now it's all shiney. I've used London Chroming for all my smaller parts, brackets, clamps etc and they've done a superb job.

Richard.

Hi, well in chrome terms i think time is the judge plating on my 2 was done in 1998 by Derby plating and is still perfect today i do remember at the time it was almost double the price of a local chroming company but very happy how it has lasted,in comparison the chrome on my wire wheels (MWS) lasted all of 3 years utter **** the difference between the two chromes is like chalk and cheese. I would surgest photo and list every single part and put a value on each individual piece and present this to whichever company you chose this way theres no argument when things go missing