I'm still mopping myself down.

That long since I tried I can't remember what air pressure it suggests for the wheel used for the pressure. If you try I should reduce it down to about 5 lb, the TR brake reservoir isn't noted for a leak free lid fitting.

Mick Richards

I like the Easibleed but I dont put the fluid in its reservoir.

I just use it to put air pressure on the top of the master-cylinder.

I reckon only 3-4 PSI. An almost flat spare wheel is my method.

I run a newly built system up on air before I fill it. Leaks dont matter if you do this.

Been using one for years, no problems at all. Had to change the clutch Master cylinder the other day, easy peasy. Keep to about 11psi on the spare tyre - any more and you might have a "Motorsport Mickey"

Regards,

Vince.

I have an used one still in the (opened) box if anyone is interested... I can take to Malvern... Yours for a tenner...

http://www.frost.co.uk/automotive-brakes-tools/gunson-g4062-eezibleed-brake-bleeder-kit.html

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ianhoward

I've used Easiblled on two of my older cars very successfully. It's best to check there are no leaks before you put the brake fluid in the container - if it's not well sealed you get a spray over everything! Best to cover the engine bay with towels or sheets just in case.

Geoff

I have to say, reading the above, that I will stick to the one way valve and the plastic tube!

I bought a Snap-on brake bleeder which uses a vacuum attached to a compresser.The advert blurb says it is very easy to bleed very quickly and get the air out.Well not in my case, it introduced air in the bleed pipe take off which suggested it was from the brake nipple seating and threads sucking in air from there.Still awaiting tech help from the franchise Snap -on dealer in Hayes. Another wonder tool mistake! I think so, but being from this company it should have been half decent.

Live and learn.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

P.S. Doing the tip of Stuarts,block of wood forcing brake pedal locking on the brakes and leaving for a few days.Hopefully getting out any air which may be trapped.

I had a similar problem Harry. The vacuum bleeder started things off OK but it never stopped pulling bubbles through. That was when I realised that it was drawing air past the bleed screw threads.

Vacuum bleeder = useless bubble generating machine, same experience as Pete and Harry

Eezibleed = fluid everywhere!

Wife (or partner if you're very modern) with foot on the clutch and a few simple instructions = perfect job, done in less time than it takes to unpack the aforementioned contraptions from their box.

Vacuum bleeder = useless bubble generating machine, same experience as Pete and Harry

Eezibleed = fluid everywhere!

Wife (or partner if you're very modern) with foot on the clutch and a few simple instructions = perfect job, done in less time than it takes to unpack the aforementioned contraptions from their box.

Hear, hear!

I put a tyre valve through an old resevoir cap and use a bicycle pump to put a head of pressure on the fluid. I think I saw this on buckeye website. Works great. Use the wife to pump the pedal after so I know the piston is bled properly.

I have an easi bleed in my box. It probably works under laboratory conditions, but not in the real world.....hence my modified cap approach

Used an easibleed many times without any problems as long as you reduce the pressure in the tyre used, couldn't use it on my Merc 380SL as the reservoir is vented so tried a vacuum pump with the same results as everyone else, just endless bubbles!! and then there's the Bentley which is another story altogether but actually quite easy with about 5m of plastic pipe and jam jar!

ATB

Graham.

I bought a Snap-on brake bleeder which uses a vacuum attached to a compresser.The advert blurb says it is very easy to bleed very quickly and get the air out.Well not in my case, it introduced air in the bleed pipe take off which suggested it was from the brake nipple seating and threads sucking in air from there.Still awaiting tech help from the franchise Snap -on dealer in Hayes. Another wonder tool mistake! I think so, but being from this company it should have been half decent.

Live and learn.

Regards Harry TR5 Nutter.

P.S. Doing the tip of Stuarts,block of wood forcing brake pedal locking on the brakes and leaving for a few days.Hopefully getting out any air which may be trapped.

Harry,

Replace the end that goes over the nipple with a piece of vacuum hose or small bore fuel hose, that normally fixes the problem with air being sucked past. As its straight it also makes it a lot easier to use.

Matt

Thanks all,

The guy who runs the franchise was being a bit cagey about a refund but recommended to wrap a piece of PTFE around the threads and if that does not work he will refund me.In the Demon Tweaks cat they sell non return brake nipples by Goodridge. Sounds like a plan.

Regards Harry.