Removal of TR6 Boot Lock assy

I'm struggling to get the whole unit away from the bodywork, all the screws removed ok and its loose on its mounting panel but the leading bolt flange won't ride over the inner body edge with the lock barrel still in place.

Any tips to get it off as a single assembly ?

thanks

bob

Edit: have now seen the 2 rivets and drilled them out, unit came away at last. Design could be a tad better !

Edited by OldBob

Edit: have now seen the 2 rivets and drilled them out, unit came away at last. Design could be a tad better !

Bob,

I removed the lock assembly from my '69 car yesterday, no rivets anywhere, has someone bodged it?

Cheers

Graeme

There are two blind rivets holding the back plate to the rest of the small frame section the lock is housed in. You need to take them out to remove the lock mechanism through the rear.

Stuart.

Bob,

I removed the lock assembly from my '69 car yesterday, no rivets anywhere, has someone bodged it?

Cheers

Graeme

Hi Graeme,

I suppose yours has been off before and the rivets were never replaced.

Look at this thread, there is a photo from one of Stuarts rebuilds:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/38502-boot-lock-replacement/?hl=%2Bboot+%2Block

You can see one of the rivets above the screw on the RH side of the photo.

regards

Bob