Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Put This ? !!!

Hi All,

I can't remember where, under the dash, this steady bracket lives. I've fitted the other (straight) one from the facia to the steering column clamp so I know that is ok, but I can't recall where I took this one from. I'm presuming as the other one is to the right of the steering column (RHD) this one fits somewhere to the left. Can anyone help please ? No rude suggestions.

Many thanks

post-10923-0-47161900-1371205702_thumb.jpg

Noel

post-10923-0-47161900-1371205702_thumb.jpg

Noel, that looks like the one that fits vertically. The bottom end attaches to the upper part of the steering column clamp and there should be a captive nut on the firewall that the top attaches to.

Noel

From the photo, it could also be the bracket that goes under the clove box shell to the rear bulk head, hence its width to carry the load (wine gums and Mars bars in LNK ^_^ )

Do let us know went you find a home for it !

I was allowed out to play with my tr4a for a couple of hours today (Fathers Day concession I think) and yes the bracket proved to be the vertical tie rod. Now fitted. Think the next job will be fitting the instruments and connecting them to the new loom. Is there any difficulties involved or anything I need to be aware of before I proceed please. Do I screw the wooden dash to the facia first then fit the dials or leave the dash loose till all the instruments are in place ? Do I fit the crash pads before or after fitting the wooden dash ? Many Thanks.

Noel

Make sure that the big gauges pass in and out of the dash easily. You have to take them out to get access to things behind there and its no good if they are a tight fit.

Make sure all the gauge lights work. Will save fiddling around if they dont.

There seems to be alot of agro with fuel/temp gauges and the stabilser so test these before fitting the dash.

There se

• 3 weeks later...

hi noel, had a look at your message , looks like your at the same stage as i am . i have a tr4a 67.

just putting together my dash and sorting wiring , nearly ready to go !!!

i live cheshire , may be a to help each other if your local?

cheers , coolie