Wonderful Modifications, Diff Poly Bushes!?!?

Hi guys,

I've got some poly bushes for my diff, but I've hit a snag, I've got the front ones in OK, but he rears thes a problem. As they are an aftermarket fitment there is no info on how to fit them, and I'm not sure on how they are to be assembled on the car. There is 4 washes included with the kit, 2 slim ones with small holes (OK for the mounting bolts) and two more thicker ones with wider holes and slide clean over the nuts. How do you fit the bushes and washes to the car? Do you discard the 2 thicker washers, and just use the thin one so they are put up like the original bushes? Or do you use them both so to have a packer between the bush and the chassis, and the other one goes at the base as per original fitment as in the picture I've included on the left?
Cheers
Steve

post-7935-0-13492600-1370874666_thumb.jpg

post-7935-0-13492600-1370874666_thumb.jpg

Edited by steved69tr6

Hi Steve,

I had a similar issue with rear diff mounting kit from polybush in Wrexham purchased at TRGB.

The thick washer with the larger hole is fitted first and lies against the chassis. Then you fit the assembled poly bushes, sleeve and mounting plate. Offer up the diff, loosely fit the 2 bolts and nylocs ( per side) through the diff and fit the washer with the smaller hole and then tighten all nylocs. I believe the diff hangs marginally lower at the rear mounts using this method than when using the standard none poly bush type but nothing that can cause any problems.

On my TR6 the sleeve internal diameter was almost 2 mm bigger than the stud, so I ended up making new sleeves providing a closer fit ( and less movement). Worked well. Let me know if you want a drawing of the mod and I can send it to you via a PM.

He it helps.

TonyC

• 5 years later...

Hi Steve sorry to hear about your problem. Cannot help I am afraid as I haven't yet converted mine yet. 

Isn't annoying when manufacturers/Retailers don't put in any instructions in with the parts. It isn't as though they aren't expensive items.  I think when I come to do mine I will buy them direct from the makers like Superflex who at least have a customer service line where you can talk to someone if you have a problem.

Hope you solve your problem

Roger

Hi Steve,

I think they should be installed as you show in the left, large hole ring on top (installed first).

In the original rubbers, the internal sleeve is bonded (vulcanized) to the rubber, these poly bushes don’t have that I think?

so you want to “capture” the PU between a sandwich of 2 steel rings to limit (avoid) vertical movement, also the PU needs to “sit” against both steel rings.

Have you contacted your supplier? He should be able to tell you how they should be fitted.

Regards,

Waldi