How many early TR6 still on the road ?

Does anybody know , how many early TR6 ( 1968-1969) are still on the road. My TR6 comission number is CP25164LO. Which means it should be 10th car off the production line.

Any ideas how many LHD cars has been made before mine ? How many of them are still running ?

post-12160-0-25296500-1370809757_thumb.jpg

post-12160-0-40101200-1370809837_thumb.jpg

post-12160-0-25296500-1370809757_thumb.jpg

post-12160-0-40101200-1370809837_thumb.jpg

Beex34 where are you located? I don't recognise your License Plate!

TR6 Commission Numbers started at 25001

There is a web-site that shows how many cars of every make are currently licensed for the road in the UK...but I've forgotten what it's called!

Edited by Denis

I guess they count those by Registration date?

Mine was built in 69 but Registered to take the later 1970 H Prefix (available in Aug 1969 to boost car sale figures). If this is the case there will be more '69 built' cars on the road than 94.

Beex34 where are you located? I don't recognise your License Plate!

TR6 Commission Numbers started at 25001

There is a web-site that shows how many cars of every make are currently licensed for the road in the UK...but I've forgotten what it's called!

I living in Finland. Those black M- plates are local " vintage car plates" which means lower incurance cost and mot for every two years.

As far as i know my car is imported to Denmark and previous owner bought it from Schwitzerland.

I would like to know how many of 1969 TR6 are RHD and how many are LHD

I living in Finland. Those black M- plates are local " vintage car plates" which means lower incurance cost and mot for every two years.

As far as i know my car is imported to Denmark and previous owner bought it from Schwitzerland.

I would like to know how many of 1969 TR6 are RHD and how many are LHD

Thank you 'bee' We too have Vintage Black plates for cars that are older than 1972 (I believe) and 'Historic' Cars pre 1972 no longer have to pay Annual Road Tax anymore...but we still have to have an MOT Test Every year, although they do not have to have the Emissions test (thankfull!)

We also get Cheaper Insurance with Classic Cars, e.g. I pay £98.00 (GB Pounds) for full Comprehensive Insurance Cover for limited mileage of 3,000 miles per year. Although these savings aren't directly related to the 'Black Plates' but to the year of actual manufacture pre 1972.

My 1969 car is Right hand drive...I read in a book called 'The Triumph TR5/250 and TR6 Companion' by Steven Rossi & Ian Clarke (page 72) that the 1969 years production of 7,981 cars were Left Hand Drive Cars for Export, and 704 Right Hand Drive produced for the Home Market in 1969.

And that of the total production of TR6's from 1968 to 1976 was 94,619 of which 86,249 were Exported and 8,370 were made for the Home UK Market. And in 1977 a further 146 cars were Exported according to the above book.

Of course today many of those Left Hand Drive Cars (mainly from the Rust Free Dry West Coast States of America) are being re-imported and converted into Right Hand Drive!

Edited by Denis

All Interesting stuff, I'd love to see a line up of the remaining UK '69 TR6's one day.

According to my heritage certificate mine is:

CP25243 'G' Reg, built 27 January 1969 and registered 10 April 1969