'rare' cylinder head

I'm in the middle of an engine rebuild on my 73 TR6 UK fuel injected CR car and have come across a problem. The cylinder head fitted to the car is stamped as 218227 which appears to be a low compression unit intended for Africa?

I need to rebuild the head because of leaky valves and was wondering if skimming 3mm off the head would bring it back to a high compression CR head. Also would I need to replace my current 8.3 inch push rods (210mm) with shorter ones?.

Thanks

It might have been skimmed before? So rather than rely upon the number, check to see if the full bore continues into the combustion chamber, as in a low comp head. If the squish sector is flush with the mating face its been skimmed.

Well I've checked the thickness of the head and you're right Tony it measures 3.535", but how did my car end up with an African intended head?

Is the UK spec CR head different and what would you suggest about my current pushrods at 8.30" which appear correct for a CR car. Incidentally my engine has a CR stamp on it so I'm assuming once (if possible) I have the head skimmed, performance will be transformed?

Come to think of it the car has never performed as I would have expected but then I've not had anything to compare it with, that may also account for the very poor running?

Thoughts!