- 4A door lock

Have just got my 4A back from body shop after 'dinking' the driver's door.  (Don't ask.......please).  Now the door doesn't secure properly (it's aligned okay).  Anyone help with easiest, foolproof way to adjust the mechanism.  Basically it shuts, then falls back to that position where some bright spark will pull alongside and say "Excuse me, your door's not shut properly".  Get the picture??

Oh before someone suggests taking it back, I would but its a 50 mile round trip.  Doesn't seem worth it for this.

As they say on e-bay, 'Thanks for looking'

Dave, as on all TRs you should be able to move the striker plate a little outwards. The door got probably new rubber seals and this is always a problem as they are rather stiff and prevent the locking mechanisme from engaging the striker plate. If you smash the door rather hard it will probably engage, but don't try it with the window up, because it might brake.

Jean