Planning to buy a TR3A

Hello all, I am planning to return to TR ownership after a gap of 20+ years, following a well trodden path I suspect.

I have found a car that I am interested in but wanted to sound out the experts on ball park pricing, been out a long time and cost has certainly gone up!

So planned car is a 59 3A, ex USA San Diego, converted to RHD with a steering rack plus other knock ons, ie electric fan, alternator etc. Body very good but could do with a repaint. Interior good plus resonable weather gear, used but clean. Wire wheels and converted to overdrive. Price circa £16.5 thoughts? Thanks Malc

Hello all, I am planning to return to TR ownership after a gap of 20+ years, following a well trodden path I suspect.

I have found a car that I am interested in but wanted to sound out the experts on ball park pricing, been out a long time and cost has certainly gone up!

So planned car is a 59 3A, ex USA San Diego, converted to RHD with a steering rack plus other knock ons, ie electric fan, alternator etc. Body very good but could do with a repaint. Interior good plus resonable weather gear, used but clean. Wire wheels and converted to overdrive. Price circa £16.5 thoughts? Thanks Malc

Doesnt sound too far out subject to a thorough inspection.

Stuart.

IMO In the UK, a really good and sorted TR3A would likely sell for between £20-25,000 and more on the Continent. However trading conditions are uncertain to say the least, so who knows.

In the US, the same number of dollars is typical.

Ash

Edited by Ashley James

I also think sounds about right. For this price cars need to be all steel, no grp and properly formed steel panels correctly joined, without bodging. Sound chassis and some useable upgrades. Marko has one around that price which sounds good. Look carefully though, there are still some dogs out there I am told.

David.