Update on the TR6 I bought in March

A little update on the TR6 I bought in March, I have done some cosmetic work as painting the boot,black on the rear, installing new doorcards, doorlocks, weather strips on the doors, rubber parts, cleaned and polished the rear lights, repaired most of the non-functioning electrics, drained old petrol and got the engine running properly, and are now in the process of getting the front painted. I have bought two newly restored seats, new carpets/felt, interior kit, boot kit, Moto Lita wheel, 195 tyres instead of the too big 205 tyres and more.

Totally enjoying the process so far!

Here is some before/after pictures

MkvWARY.jpg

zM0xqQB.jpg

N9wtVDj.jpg

0E0HtIv.jpg

2ZEIRld.jpg

Td70vx6.jpg

79wHrfh.jpg

Edited by TRseks

Looking really good, how did you get the rear light lens's so clean and sparkly.

Soaked for a few hours in hot soapy water, then in bleach, cleaned for ages with a toothbrush, then in the dishwasher, then cleaned with a toothbrush and polished with Autosol. The metal was horrible with lots of dirt and even black paint, polished up nicely with Autosol, repaired a broken stud and put together with new gaskets. I love to do jobs like that as it really makes a difference! :P

I gave mine to the dish washer, she's quite good :)

Dave

TRseks,

The TR6 is coming on nicely!

While you're doing the front, now is the time to paint the grille surround satin black as per factory finish on light coloured cars, makes the front end look far more aggressive:

215236_1730126648187_6881474_n.jpg

294288_2140131098042_1806940009_n.jpg

207817_1727745948671_85988_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith