Soft top hinge mounting.

I'm refitting all the cockpit trim, and can't work out what used to go in the middle hole of each of the loosish two (per side) tapped blocks to stop them from slipping down making it a nightmare to try and get the three bolts on. I can't see any part in the moss manual. I've just been using a small plastic insert which is not visible, but it's not fantastic. Any other suggestions?

Also, why four tapped holes and only three on the soft top mount?

Thanks hogan, but it doesn't show under the trim which is where my question lies. Under the trim in the door pillar are two plates each with two tapped holes (1/4" UNF) to take the screws for the softtop hinge bracket. These plates can move about 1/5" up and down, and as a consequence can be a b@stard to line up, which might be why the lower screw was missing from his video. In the middle of the plate is another hole - not tapped - that if lined up with the hole in the pillar will align the other two holes perfectly, hopefully making it easier to but the brackets in - even without a tapered ended screw.

There is nothing in the catalogue for this, so curious as to what was there before. As I mentioned I've got a part solution, but just curious as to what others use?