Alternative seats

Guest Wayne S

I've never found any seats more comfy than a pair of reconditioned standard seats. Certainly for me the MX5 seats were not an answer. Have you considered just getting modern foam bases for your TR7 seats and reconditioning them?

I tried some Fiat Coupe seats which fit a treat (needed one extra hole drilling in the frame), but are definately for those (well) under 6 foot. I ended up sitting far too high. In the end i opted to replace the foam in my original seats. Nice and comfy and the perfect driving position.

I have spent many enjoyable hours in my 7 on the Round Britain rallies and found the seats were still fine. I wish that some of the modern cars I have driven were nearly as comfortable after 2 hours let alone 48!

OK you have me fooled Hyundai yes Tiburon?? not heard of that model

US model. Possibly called something else over here or may turn up as a grey import from the far east.

Stuart.

I think it was the Hyundai coupe in uk. According to wikipedia the NY Times described it as

the Tiburon "had the lines of a kit-car Ferrari and the dynamism of an ox cart"

Considering Yank tanks handling that is some compliment!