Anyone got any experience of the DVLA & their historic information service (form V888)?

I'm wondering how long they take to respond? I sent my form & cheque off about 6 weeks ago but they haven't banked my check yet, not have they responded to me in any way. Is it worth chasing them?

Steve

Gave them a call and they were very helpful. Apparently they are working on it and have compiled most of the info they can access but are trying to trace one final set of previous keepers details. At least its in the pipeline. :)

They sent me duff info...telling me 'I' was my cars first owner...which I wasn't!

When I wrote to complain...they came up trumps...appologising, and sent me a copy of my cars original 'Green Log Book' which I had surrendered when V5's documents replaced them. As my car hadn't any special history or interest to me as a current model, I had never thought to kept a copy of it for myself!

It was interesting to read it again, and see details of the 1st owner, and the car dealer who took it in part exchange, then outted it to another dealer, from whom I bought it in 1972 for the princely sum of £1,175.00 'and' I made them put 4 brand new Dunlop SP Sport Radials on it! Those were the days eh!

Edited by Denis

I have a fair bit of background already with old MOTs, ownership docs and receipts going back to the mid 80s. However, at some point the original vehicle ID must have disappeared from the car (maybe when a panel was replaced) as it was referred to the DVLA during an MOT and issued with a new "modern" VIN. I'm happy with car so am only really enquiring out of curiosity.

Lets see what they come up with!

• 4 weeks later...

Package from the DVLA arrived the other day. Full ownership history from new, which made an interesting read. Turns out Percy spent most of his days in and around the Black Country and having begun life in Mimosa, became red in 84 and finally green in 86.

Useless information in many ways, but for some reason it feels good to know! B)

Package from the DVLA arrived the other day. Full ownership history from new, which made an interesting read. Turns out Percy spent most of his days in and around the Black Country and having begun life in Mimosa, became red in 84 and finally green in 86.

Useless information in many ways, but for some reason it feels good to know! B)

A Colourful History! ;)

I was delighted with the material they found for me. A great bundle of photocopied documents, although the DVLA did suggest that I try the original registering county council (Devon in the case of my car) as there might be even more held in archive. Must get round to doing that...