1970 TR6 - sat rotting since 1986!

Hi Folks,

I recently inspected a 1970 TR6 which was bought as a 21st birthday present from new. It has been sitting in a garage since it was parked up in 1986 and hasn’t turned a wheel since. There is 86,000 miles on the clock and apart from the odd blow-in it has never been crashed or bent and remains largely unmolested.

It’s not a pretty sight and will take some restoring but all the inner panels seem ok, the inside is covered in mould, the brakes are locked solid and the engine wouldn’t turn over – couldn’t see the chassis but probably not at its best given the condition of the outer body………

The owner is currently deciding whether to export to his home in South Africa, restore it (in the UK or SA) or sell it as is. However, I understand it has great sentimental value as the owner’s father has passed away, so it will probably be restored.

Hopefully it will be back on the road one day, see: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4894899525531.1073741825.1089104818&type=1&l=228df104be

533470_4894901245574_466478635_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Looks past it to me!...Oh well look on the bright side, it makes the ones we've looked after rarer and more valuable! ;)

Looks past it to me!...Oh well look on the bright side, it makes the ones we've looked after rarer and more valuable! ;)

No Denis, it's very restorable.

As for ours being more valuable, that's rather academic unless you intend to sell it?

Cheers

Andrew

Reminds me of a pal who has a similar aged TR6 in a damp lock up away from his house... He's owned the car for nearly 30 years, and last had it on the road about 10 years ago for that summer only. It must have been off the road for well over 20-odd years... I keep asking for him to sell it to me, but he won't!!!! Probably not worth that much(?) and it will need a good bit of recommisioning I reckon.

Cheers

Ian