When running warm seems to misfire

Hi any ideas car's been running really well over the last few weeks. Starts from cold and runs very nice when it seems to get warm it starts to misfire at low speed or when you put your foot down. As i am new to all this any ideas ??

Also cannot seem to up load pictures to the site always says file to big.

Many thanks

Shaun

Sounds like a bit of fuel vaporisation in the fuel injection lines.

Most do this to some degree, although low fuel pressure, old MU, injectors and or braided lines can all make it worse.

What's the history of the engine?

Seve

I'd only add that a long deceased village blacksmith and mechanic told me about 35 years ago that about 9 out 10 fuel system faults are spark related!

Funny, I had the same problem yesterday, Went for a run out and started getting loss of power until eventually I was by the side of the road going nowhere. I thought at first it was fuel related but everything was good, Took the dizzy cap off cleaned up the contacts and rotor arm, and off i went no problems until 5 mins down the road same problem. I am going to change the rotor arm first and see what happens but i think spark related. Andy

Thank you for all your replies the engine was rebuilt last year and has been running good all new injectors fitted . I will go and have play in the garage tonight and see if i can sort it. I does have an ignition pack on it. I will post how i get on later.

Thanks

Shaun

Hi

I had this problem once and found it to be the carbon brush inside the lid of the dizzy cap. 1st the new rotor arm was ever so slightly higher that the old one, so used some emery paper to shorten. Then a teeeney bit of oil on the carbon brush solved the problem .

Bill

Yes bill, you have hit the nail on the head, I changed the rotor arm and no noticeable change , but i had a look inside the dizzy and there was lots of carbon dust inside i swopped it for my new spare - goes like a rocket.

Try that solution shaun and see how you get on - works for me. regards Andy

Sounds like the coil is on its way out to me. Been there done that. Just change the coil for not much cash and see what happens!

Alan

Check that the over fuel lever is returning to its off position I have had this stick before & it makes the car run like a bag of nails when the engine is warm. Little drop of 3in1 on the spindle & flick lever to make sure it snaps to off position.

Also made the mistake of cable tying the over fuel or choke cable to tidy the engine bay & crushed the inner cable again the lever was not returning to its fully off position

Regards

Alec

Next time it stops feel the Coil,be careful it might be very Hot and if so that's your problem.

Hi Niall

My Coil gets really hot all the time,but runs like a dream :blink:

Hi Niall

My Coil gets really hot all the time,but runs like a dream :blink:

Well next time it wont start after a good run you know what to check :o

The Hot Water from the Tap at Home is Hot,The Hot Water from the Boiled Kettle is Very Hot :lol: Get Me Drift B)

Hi Niall

Oh i get ya drift.Honestly mine get Fooookin Hot :blink:

been like it form the start and i did post on this and i have changed coils,

But i will check mine against another car that has been on the same distance run

;)

Mine develooed a misfire after a great day out with the Derbyshire Dales group outing last Sunday. Did the same when I took it out today so I stopped by the side of the road,fished the old 'black' rotor arm out of the spares in the boot............seems to have solved the problem.

The dodgy 'red'one came in a nice green Lucas box, but where does this sh.t come from?

Mike