http://www.linnartz-peschl.de/uk/restoration_projects/triumph_italia_2000/

Located in Germany.

Triumph Italia 2000 (Vignale)

Serial number: TS67044CO (Vignale Nr. 75)

YoM: 1959

The car is accident-free and complete (incl. original rear lamps and bumpers). The body is in unrestored condition. Paint and interior are still original. The car was imported in Germany in 1965.

Objective of restoration

Perfecting of chassis and body (according to the Maserati Sebring restored by us); complete rebuild of engine, drive train, brake system, interior, seats etc. to L&P standard.

Price (as restoration object): 50.000,- €

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the link - looks a bit down in the mouth

but still special as an Italia and extra-special

being 001 and retaining at least most of the

original features.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20926/lot/372/

Most of the cars listed seem greatly over-priced

to me, but then I'm not in touch with UK prices.

The estimate for the Italia seems reasonable,

though, but I suspect it will fetch more.

For anyone who wants something a bit different,

try this

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20926/lot/343/

AlanR

I rebuilt one of those early cars many years ago (Chassis No 75) and they are quite a bit different to the later production ones, Struggled to get in it though due to the flat floors and me being 6ft 4" :(

Stuart.

Stuart's early E Type made over £100k at auction this week, unlike the Triumph Italia which failed to reach the reserve (did it get a bid at all anyone?)

'Barn Find' is the new 'must have' for collector's. So much so that there seem to be lot's more turning up all the time......

Stuart's early E Type made over £100k at auction this week, unlike the Triumph Italia which failed to reach the reserve (did it get a bid at all anyone?)

'Barn Find' is the new 'must have' for collector's. So much so that there seem to be lot's more turning up all the time......

Its always been the case that good "Barn finds" have made strong money in relation to restored cars. It doesnt surprise me that the E type made that sort of money being one of the few very early ones left.

Stuart.