Emerald Green TR6 owned by me late 70's. interested in knowing what happened to the old girl.. Can't remember who I sold it to...

Steve

Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be on the DVLA so either long gone or still hiding in someones shed.

Stuart.

You mean this one Laurence

Stuart.

20-1-GCV221L-04072012.jpg

Actually belongs to Rob Isaacson Nene valley GL.

well its possible I got the reg number slightly wrong.. unfortunately I don't have any surviving photos or details, perhaps the current owner Rob has some history to confirm or not it was once mine? anyone have his contact details?

Steve

Robs contact details are in the Action magazine under group leaders in the back part of the mag.

Stuart.

Yep it's my old TR6 ! I found I'd written the reg number down in the Haynes manual I had at the time and it is definitely GVC 221L.. So thanks to you for finding it. I haven't seen it for at least 33 years as I sold it just before I got married in 1980. I'll contact Bob and see if he wants to sell it back to me at the price I sold it for :)

It's a good feeling to know its alive and well.

Steve

Yep it's my old TR6 ! I found I'd written the reg number down in the Haynes manual I had at the time and it is definitely GVC 221L.. So thanks to you for finding it. I haven't seen it for at least 33 years as I sold it just before I got married in 1980. I'll contact Bob and see if he wants to sell it back to me at the price I sold it for :)

It's a good feeling to know its alive and well.

Steve

Er I think you still need to check that number again as the number you are giving would be a Coventry registered car.

Stuart.

OK I was just going by the post I highlighted where you had quoted the same number as on the title of this thread.

CV registrations are from Cornwall and as Simon has pointed out probably supplied by Hicks garage in Truro. Sadly no longer in business.

Stuart.

Unfortunately it doesnt seem to be on the DVLA so either long gone or still hiding in someones shed.

Stuart.

It's been doing 3k miles per year for the last several years and definitely not hiding in a shed :D

The picture above was taken in Cornwall last year by Julian Stephens who works at Heligan. I wanted to take the car for a trip "back home" so spoke to the Cornwall group in advance.

We were supposed to meet up for a run but the rain was awful all week, we didn't take the roof down once.

Steve, you will have a PM shortly...

Rob

• 2 weeks later...