Wire Wheels

Guest GeoffWalker

Guest GeoffWalker

Can anybody tell me whether or not MGB's have the same PCD as a TR4/5. Not sure of the age of the MGB was an early restored one

Know of a set of wire wheels that came off a burnt out MGB (Wheels were undamaged by fire) and the Adaptors are available also. 80 euros for the lot

Would look pretty good on my TR4 Restoration project. :)

Know of a set of wire wheels that came off a burnt out MGB (Wheels were undamaged by fire) and the Adaptors are available also. 80 euros for the lot

Can't help on measurements, but have got to be worth buying at that price and putting on eBay, if you can't use yourself.

Somebody else might correct me here, but I think MGB wires are smaller diameter than TR and also use a different way of mounting the spline to axle.

Graeme

Guest GeoffWalker

Can't help on measurements, but have got to be worth buying at that price and putting on eBay, if you can't use yourself.

When my bank account gets over the post christmas blues, I probably will buy them.

Hi Geoff

Although both the Tr and the mgb uses the same size wire wheel splined hub @ 42 mm the Tr has a 15 ins rim as apposed to the MG at 14ins  The MGB could have splined hubs, probably if the wire wheels were original equipment, or bolt on splined hubs, like the Tr s, which increase the track. I am pretty sure the pcd of the wheel studs differs between the mg and the Triumph anyway.

Regards

Dale :)

Guest GeoffWalker

Thanks Dale. May buy them anyway. They have the bolt on adaptors. Somebody with an MGB will probably buy them off me, and those funds can go towards my 6's respray..

Best of luck in the new year,

Regards,

Geoff

• 4 weeks later...

I have found someone selling an MGc 72 spoke 15" wire wheel and I have 72 spoke 15" on my 4a. I need a spare and wondered if this wheel would be the same, Someone earlier mentioned a spline size of 42 but what is this pcd and so do I have to worry about it.

Any help wouldbe gratefully received.

The hunt for the elusive spare maybe soon at an end.

Thanks

Richard