TR6 still won't start.

I am with Pinky and Rodbr, back to basics and set everything as per the brown bible, being methodical and leaving no steps out, timing, mu timing, drive dog, etc and fresh fuel, battery charged :(

Will do - after long period of reflection and consumption of copious amounts of red wine

Hi - my name is Mike Bilney, you may have heard of my PI service reputation. [seeTR register]

• - is your engine PI or Carbs?
  • - assume you checked PI system for pump running, and injectors working?
  • - sugg you try using tuning kit adaptor - contains transparent spark plug pedestal so that you can check if there is a spark when under cylinder pressure. Bet you have only checked it at atm pressure.
  • - is the timing and dizzy OK?
  • - valve cam timing ?
  • - if it starts and runs for short time sounds like fuel starvation so would recommend checking the PI system

Good luck!!

MGB.

PS - I have clients all over the World so you may want to look at the services ad section on the TR register - and spread the word!! thanks

Hi - my name is Mike Bilney, you may have heard of my PI service reputation. [seeTR register]

• - is your engine PI or Carbs?
  •  

• - assume you checked PI system for pump running, and injectors working?
  •  

• - sugg you try using tuning kit adaptor - contains transparent spark plug pedestal so that you can check if there is a spark when under cylinder pressure. Bet you have only checked it at atm pressure.
  •  

• - is the timing and dizzy OK?
  •  

• - valve cam timing ?
  •  

• - if it starts and runs for short time sounds like fuel starvation so would recommend checking the PI system
  •  

Good luck!!

MGB.

PS - I have clients all over the World so you may want to look at the services ad section on the TR register - and spread the word!! thanks

Mike

Mine is a US version on twin Stromberg carbs.

Phil