Sorry Guy, same battery from battery megastore is £60.46p, quote TR Register members benefits discount and it gets reduced by 5%, free delivery.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/products/group/?c=Battery&sc=Varta+Batteries&l=Varta+Blue?c=Battery&sc=Varta Batteries&l=Varta Blue&page=2

..........but you do live in a great place!

I am coming over to Jersey at the end of August so will catch you at the IWE for a catch up.

Cheers

Ian

Sorry Guy, same battery from battery megastore is £60.46p, quote TR Register members benefits discount and it gets reduced by 5%, free delivery.

http://www.batterymegastore.co.uk/products/group/?c=Battery&sc=Varta+Batteries&l=Varta+Blue?c=Battery&sc=Varta Batteries&l=Varta Blue&page=2

..........but you do live in a great place!

I am coming over to Jersey at the end of August so will catch you at the IWE for a catch up.

Cheers

Ian

Ian,

Yeah yeah, cost me 80 quid :(

Let me know when you are coming over

Cheers

GUY

Edited by Jersey Royal

Go to Halfords and tell them it's a Stag. You will get a guarantee for life battery of sufficient oomph for about 90 quid.

Works fine on all TR2-6 models.

Cheers

Peter W

Ditto to the biggest one that will fit and that you can afford. You will not regret it. You will regret one that is just about adequate on those days where for any possible reason you need to crank it for a while, or you left the lights on etc etc.

Hi John

I also have the same type as Guy.

also my advice would be to also get a battery conditioner, to keep the battery in top condition when the car is not being used.

I have the Draper Battery Master, works a treat ;)

When my car refused to start after a 6 week rest and the battery died after a short period of cranking despite being on a CTEK battery conditioner I came to the conclusion that it was time to bite the bullet and go and get a new one. The battery was on the car when I bought it 6 years ago and has been on the CTEK ever since.

The replacement I ended up with was an Exide EB741 74AH and 680CCA which was £82, a bit smaller physically than the old one which meant I had to shorten the hold down hooks slightly but with the added advantage of a carrying handle, making it much easier to lift in to position.

Very pleased.

John

On the other side of the conditioner coin, I've never owned or used one and never had a problem starting my TRs even after prolonged lay-ups. Perhaps I won't get maximum life out of the batteries but 13 years plus seems fairly good.