Steering wheel....which one to go for?

matter of preference...

I have an after market Motolita - great feel and good response from the road and looks smart too

cheers

Rob

Thanks, by coincidence that's the same one i was looking at...is your's dished or flat?

Edited by jojim65

I prefer a leather one in mine for better grip.

I've modified an early 15" flat moto-lita to fit the original boss with horn push.

Just got to get round to giving the leather a refurb.

IMAG0829.jpg

I found my original wheel, was too thin to hold, too hard, and too large in diameter and the metal spokes offered no padding for my thumbs when I hooked them over, and painfull when you hit a pothole or bumps in the road!

Also the original boss was so deep it brought the wheel too close! So my original (rare) 1969 Wheel is mounted on the wall of my man-cave instead!

Like many others here, I find a 14 inch diameter leather wheel gives more comfortable driving. Mine is a MOMO that has black spokes with holes, so looks like my original wheel, which has a very short boss, so it's much further away from me, which I like.

I personally don't like Wood Rim Wheels, as I think they are too old fashioned for the TR6...more suited to the older TR2, 3, 4 & 5.

I found my original wheel, was too thin to hold, too hard, and too large in diameter and the metal spokes offered no padding for my thumbs when I hooked them over, and painfull when you hit a pothole or bumps in the road!

Also the original boss was so deep it brought the wheel too close! So my original (rare) 1969 Wheel is mounted on the wall of my man-cave instead!

Like many others here, I find a 14 inch diameter leather wheel gives more comfortable driving. Mine is a MOMO that has black spokes with holes, so looks like my original wheel, which has a very short boss, so it's much further away from me, which I like.

I personally don't like Wood Rim Wheels, as I think they are too old fashioned for the TR6...more suited to the older TR2, 3, 4 & 5.

Dennis you have a PM.

I've got both wood and leather Moto Lita's on my cars. The leather is best for anti vibration and grip, although the wood is fine with competition gloves.

Nick