Help Poly upper wishbone bushes

I have ordered some upper front wishbone bushes from Superflex they are cotton reel design 4/car. Having just removed the upper wishbones the old rubber bushes are pushed in from each side of the w/bone as there is a metal web halfway inside. I will have to cut the poly ones as far as I can make out. Also looking in the Moss book and Rimmer the poly ones are 4/car. Can anyone please enlighten me.

Rob

Rob, put the bushes in boiling water for a few minutes to "soften" them, add the lubricant and then push in the leading edge with a flat screwdriver.

Once you have the leading edge of the cotton reel fully in the wishbone then push them the whole way home.

I filed a slight champer on the leading edge to assist in the initial start but they go in without too much bother really.

Craig

Hello Rob.

The new bushes should be supplied with a sachet of white lubricant. The method of removal/fitting is simply a piece of tube, washers & screwed rod using the lubricant freely when fitting the new bushes.

Don't forget to use a tapered tool to screw onto the threaded end of the trunnion when fitting the wishbones.

If you're unsure, call me. My numbers are in TR action under Derbyshire Dales.

Dave

PS To. All of above....

Make sure all the grot and crud is removed from the hole in the wishbone where the new bush is to go.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Vice works great,. mine is a very big metal vice. Used a socket big enough to just go inside wishbone and used the ratchet end against the poly and just pushed it in, real easy. Done about 4/5 cars like this and definitely easiest way ive found.

Well Job done, made easier by taking the sharp edge off the wishbone where the poly bush goes in but had to use the flat edge of a screwdriver to gradually ease in the outer poly lip before pushing it through with the vice. What I took to be a web inside the wishbone between the old bushes must have been dirt removed by the shot blasting.

Rob