'B'post gusset

Guest stevephillips

Guest stevephillips

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help me with the leather interior refit I am carrying out using a Leather interior from John Skinner.  On my previous interior there was no B post gusset fitted but with the new kit I have them supplied.  As I did not have them (probably taken off) I do not know how to refit them to the interior.  Can anyone give me an idea or sned some pictures of their's so that I can see how to fit it.

Also the seat belts were not fitted on the B post but through a hole and bracket in the floor.  Is there any reason why I should not go back to the original fitting on the B post?

Thanks for any advice.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm just fitting my interior as well but in vinyl not leather and have just done the gussets.  You should have a piece of fairly thick cardboard in a triangle shape with a strip on top that you bend over the gusset, vinyl or leather covers the entire gusset and goes over the lip of the door that the furflex seal goes on.  The cardboard covers the inside of the gusset and the edge on top.  I fitted them by using contact adhesive, i stuck the cardboard onto the square bit of vinyl and used the excess vinyl to stick it to the sill, i then wrapped the vinyl round and glued it onto the otherside pushed the excess into the gap and then glued it onto the door lip.  

It would be good to see a picture once you've done as i can't remeber what a TR6 with leather trim looks like.  Did you do the dash top etc as well in leather?

P.s you can get the cardboard from Moss or Rimmers etc or cheaper to cut your own

Guest stevephillips

Hi Pimento

Thanks for this information I will endeavour to tackle it as discribed (pictures would definitely help).  The cardboard piece is already attached to the leather and I hope that with a bit of manipulation it will fit.  I did try it as you stated but found that there was a gap between the bent over piece of cardboard and the sill and B post, is that the case with you that there was a gap.  You say that you glued it to the post, was this sufficient and how did you manage to keep the cardboard at 90 degrees.

Any coments on the seat belt anchor, are yours fitted to the B post?

As for the photos I will makes sure that when I finish I post them on the site.

Regards and have a Merry Christmas

Steve

Steve

Where the seatbelt fits to the B post is a fairly heavy piece of metal reinforcing which is in a very vulnerable place for rust, check that this is all sound before installing the belts, if you are going to keep them on the floor make sure this has been well reinforced.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stevephillips

Bill

Thanks for sending the pictures but I was unable to open them, not sure why.  Can you send them to my e mail account steve@stevenmphillips@yourideal.co.uk I should be able to open them then.

I am just about to fit the triangular piece but notice that this is going to push the bottom of the wheel arch panel, is this normal?  I have also noticed that if the trangular piece is fitted there is a gap between the Tuflex seal and the edge the bent over piece of Triangle, is this also correct?

As for the B Post anchor points mine seem very sound and I am going to refit them to the original place.

Thanks for all your help and advice

Steve