Blyton Park Sprint Test Day - just £40 / car

In which case you were static measured at 0.5m, 45 degrees angle to the exhaust, and that 105 dB is the higher limit equating to a 10m drive by of 101dB - as opposed to the quiet day Goodwood limit of 98db static, 96dB drive by.

101dB at 10m is the same as 95dB at 20m, so you should be in a similar situation at Blyton . . . . but static and drive by limits are not always directly interchangeable, some road surfaces being considerably noisier than others.

Bear in mind that decibel measurement is on a logarithmic rather than arithmetic scale, which can make life more than confusing - see

http://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio/handbook/Decibel.html

and

http://www.sfu.ca/sonic-studio/handbook/Inverse-Square_Law.html

Apologies if I'm teaching you to suck eggs here !

Suggest you email Kevin - and fingers crossed . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Wellsy,

We'll have enough expertise and tricks on hand from Richard Usher (Blyton Park), Neil Revington (Revington TR) and Steve Hall (TR Enterprises) to ensure that even if you fail the test at first, you'll soon be sorted, under the limit and running. But if you passed at Goodwood, you should pass at Blyton.

Neil is right, Blyton Park isn't blessed with neighbours and being very open I'm not sure how this impacts on the drive by limits (Alec ?). However, I do know that Richard Usher had an American owned, recently restored (by Brits), Silver Arrow testing there and I can't imagine your 6 will be louder.

Colin,

the Black Horse Inn declined to offer Triumph owners a deal, hence my recommendation to book yourself in the White Swan at Scotter, just north of Blyton for the Sunday evening, then enjoy a beer or two in the Mucky Duck next door. If you quote the TR Register when booking you'll get £10 off the normal room rate for single occupancy plus a cooked breakfast. Rooms available from £45 www.whiteswanscotter.com

take care Kev

• 1 month later...

How many cars have booked now for this?

Tom

As of the day before yesterday I have 21 cars, 19 additional drivers and 18 spectators. Two GT6s and the rest TRs. No Stags, Dollies, 2000s or Spits - yet.

With three cars on the track at anyone time, everyone should get all the track time they need or want.

Still not too late to sign up, I am making a loss for the sprint and hillclimb championship at the moment.

take care Kev

Neil

Track will be open 9am to 5pm with an hour for lunch.

We have 22 cars booked in, 22 additional drivers and 20 or so guests.

Richard assures me the food from their restaurant / canteen is better than anything you can buy from a garage so why not pop in for a bite to eat as well as chat and a mooch around to see what's happening.

take care Kev

TR4's ready, loading up Sunday, looking forward to it...... but then it struck me, can we take passengers? These track boys go round by themselves, don't they? Won't I get lost without a co-driver sitting next to me to hold my hand? No short time memory nowadays, y'know. Can I find my way back to the canteen (b*gger the finish...)? Will they allow my scruffy rally car into the paddock? Perhaps I'd be more at home driving on the grass alongside the track, I'll leave the sumpguard on. And what if.....

Oh, all right, Kev's been trying to get me to try this sprinty stuff for ages so I'll be there, just point me in something like the right direction, wind me up and we'll see what happens......

Nigel

Lee

only just seen this post.

yes come along with a triumph and forty quid and you and your mates are in.

You will each need to sign a disclaimer, attend the driver briefing, go on a sighting lap and have your car scutineered. None of it's heavy, just stuff to ensure you have a fun but safe day.

regards kev

Well I went for a few hours this morning :) weather was stunning, and I must say one very well organized event well done to all, nice to meet you Kev and thanks for the brew.

Edited by ntc

Just got back from the sprint day.

What can I say, it was perfect. Very well run and organised.

Congrats to kev for sorting it all out

Tom

Kev,

Sounds like everybody had a good day with excellent organisation and in safety, well done and thanks for organising.

Mick Richards

"Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to Blyton,

A beautiful day, we ate lunch by the track and all for forty quid you know."

I'd better stop.

I feel it was one of those days, the people who attended will remember for years to come.

About fifty people driving about twenty cars, many for the first time.

Hopefully the day will have inspired a few to have a go at sprining and hillclimbing in the not too distant future.

Now if i can work out how to upload a picture or two.

take care Kev.