Blyton Park Sprint Test Day - just £40 / car

Well I went for a few hours this morning :) weather was stunning, and I must say one very well organized event well done to all, nice to meet you Kev and thanks for the brew.

Neil

Yes good to meet up with you and have a quick chat.

We did get a number of other TR Register members turn up during the day to offer a few words of encouragement and a natter about their cars / our cars. So thank you all who made the effort to come along. It was much appreciated.

And for the car owners, it was great having both Revington TR and TR Enterprises on hand to offer help and support where needed. Once again chaps many thanks.

take care Kev

Hi Kev,

Thanks very much for a great event. I do hope we can do the same again, as I would definatelty participate next time in my 6. !

Thanks for allowing me the opportunuity of changing cars. !

I got back at 1825hrs after getting recovered. !

Some great cars there today, and good to see some old faces.

Cheers

Tom

A thoroughly enjoyable day, anyone who didn't come missed out.

Many thanks to Kev for arranging it, if you ever do another I'll be there especially as you got the weather ordered perfectly!

And I did (mostly) stay on the track....

Nigel

A thoroughly enjoyable day, anyone who didn't come missed out.

Many thanks to Kev for arranging it, if you ever do another I'll be there especially as you got the weather ordered perfectly!

And I did (mostly) stay on the track....

Nigel

Nigel

MOSTLY

regards kev

Well had a very interesting day: trundling around Nottingham ring road, going to fetch a TR co-pilot, a front wheel bearing decided it was no longer going to take part. I phones said friend who came with a front hub off his car presently in build and we swaopped the hub so I could drive the car home and replace it with a spare off a car I have in build.

So now its quarter to one and we are fifteen miles south of Nottingham with friend's wife's car: Back to Hucknall drop off car and up to Blyton arriving at about three o'clock. (What will TR owners do to get their moneys worth?)

Arriving at the track we had the last sausage cobs and the free Tea/coffee and changed into our glad rags plus skid lids. A quick chat with the Track owner who was controlling things, instructions to pass only on the right and only in certain spots on the track when the car in front had accknowledged your existence.

Green light and off we went, a relatively gentle lap to see where things went then wind it up. With my 4.875:1 diff the tract was mostly third and top, tried second a couple of times but it wasn't faster.

Then came in to let Frank have a go, then I took Simon out , then he took me out then Clive had a go etc etc.

The track was dry and the car (blue TR4) went well and the engine ran up to 7 (steel engine).

Generally came to the conclusion that all were having a rather good time, with chat in between.

The event was well organised and friendly.

What more can you say except...bl..dy front bearings!!

Kev thanks for your input

Regards

MichaelH

Tom - I gather a certain gent from Blidworth came back to the paddock on the end of a tow rope??Tut, tut!!!!

I had a thoroughly good time thrashing round in the Stag powered TR, thanks to Kev for organising it. £40 was a bargain for the fun to be had even if it did confirm the tyres I am currently using are **** compared to the previous ones!

Its a shame work comittments mean I will never get to compete in the sprint and hillclimb championship ( though I think I may also have a problem due to the engine fitted), but this is a brilliant way of driving the car to its (and my) limits and coming away with a big grin on my face!

Thanks again

Neil

He was an absolute hooligan Alan............!!

At least it wasn't a tr..... Was a bloody quick golf though!!!

Tom

I'd just like to add my thanks to Kevin for making this event happen.

Fantastic day out.

regards,

Mark.

The rev limiter was used as a guide when to change gear.................

Can I also just extend my thanks to Kev Bryant for arranging this event and the team at Blyton who were superb. It was a day i'm sure we will all remember for a long time it will be really hard to top it!

It was a great opportunity for me to learn how my car behaves on the limits in as safe an environment as is possible. I hope another can be arranged here as it is probably the perfect venue given the new tarmac, safe run off areas etc. It was fantastic value for money, being able to use the track as much as we liked or rather what our brakes could handle!! With time in between to chat to like minded folk.

Attached are a couple of pics I took.

Thanks again

null_zps550f3216.jpg

null_zps7570b0d6.jpg

null_zpsa41928af.jpg

null_zps49fefc08.jpg

null_zps330483e4.jpg

Here's a short video of some of the action at Blyton Park.

Mark