Wire Wheel Balancing

Hi All,

Can anyone recommend a tyre house in the Coventry/Warwickshire area that has the capability to balance wire wheels ?

I have a lovely set of new centre laced wheels (Christmas present) that I want new tyres fitting on but all the tyre houses in my town can't balance them correctly or so they tell me.

Anyone had similar experiences ?

Noel

Noel

Just a little further north is this guy who advertises in TR Action.

He did my wires for me and I'd recommend him. He also owns a TR2 and a Morgan so is a bit of an enthusiast himself (which I always think is a good thing when someone else is working on your pride and joy!)

Paul Harris Tyres

Langley Brook Farm,
London Road,
Tamworth
B78 2BP

Phone: 0121 311 1969

Regards

Peter

Edited by dykins

By the way, I have just noticed that you put "centre laced".

I bought some of those for my car, but they stuck out beyond the wheel arches so had to return them and swap for "normal" wire wheels.

Hope you have more success - might want to keep the receipt just in case ;)

Regards

Peter

I went to HP Tyres in Daventry .. .if that's not too far from you.

http://www.hptyres.co.uk/index.htm

You need to remove the wheels off the car yourself and take them to their depot. They do lots of historic racing support and have all the kit for wire wheels. They charged me £10 a wheel and I have no problems whatsoever.

Bri.

Thank you all. Some good leads there. I actually work in Daventry so Thank you Brian, I will call in to have a chat with H P Tyres. I have worked in the town for 25 years and didn't know they existed. I note the comment, Peter, about centre laced wheels being a little too wide for the TR. It is something I am slightly concerned about though I am aware of other 4A's with them fitted. Maybe other forum users could share their views on the subject ? As I don't envisage using the car too much in the wet if possible, that side of things doesn't worry me. But the legal aspect does. I'd be keen to hear other views. Anyway thanks to all again.

Noel