First Run since Engine Rebuild

Hi Chaps.

As some of you may be aware, i recently acquired a Tr3a which sat in her garage for ten years.

The car needed going through, and i ended up carrying out more work to the mechanicals than

i initially thought was required, including new loom, alternator conversion, recored rad, polybush allround.

Marx rear oil conversion, unleaded head.

And off course the engine was worn out so i stripped and rebuild it.

With the kind help from the forum i managed to complete the above, with special thanks to Stuart and Neil (Ntc).

So today she ventured out of the safety of her garage, and we went for fuel and air in the tyres.

Having only driven Pinkys three briefly in the IOW, i was uncertain what to expect, and hoped nothing would fall off.

The car being LHD was also a new experience.

Only covered 10 miles, but loved it completely. :)

Heres a quick snap.

DSC_0916_zps684d2e00.jpg

Have to go out for another spin

Cheers

Guy

Edited by Jersey Royal

Hi Guy,

Well done, I know that feeling, totally magic and real semse of achievement.

Sorry but personally I hate your wheels! OOOPs just personal taste and no offence meant.

Best regards

Rod

Well done Guy

Looking good and that first run must have been great ,I am jealous and frustrated as i am a long way from that at the moment but malvern is a target for the 250. I thimk i have taken over the mantel now in having a perminant tele phone line open and email connected to both stuart and neil and thank them also for everything so far in the build. Are you doing Malvern in the 3 or the 6 ? would love to see the 3 up close.

Patch

Thanks Chaps.

Although a nice bright day, very crisp, keeps you alive.

Rod, whats wrong with my wheels!!!, only joking those are my old Tr6 wheels and are most

definateltly temporary till i decide on alloys or wires, as are the seats

DSC_0921_zps3143d5ec.jpg

Alan, i havent touched the bodywork as yet, its not bad very presentable unless you put side by side

with Rods. There are a few things i wish to attend too, but as and when. Will i be taking her too Malvern,

debateable, i will have Spa first on the agenda, mind you thats two four stints driving and i would have to keep up with two

Tr6s and a 5.7 litre Gardner Douglas Cobra. Aint got overdrive yet.

DSC_0920_zpsa34c9620.jpg

Still plenty to do.

Thanks for your kind comments

Cheers

Guy

Hi Guy,

From a distance I thought you had crossed it with a mazda MX5, personally I don't think a sidescreen looks right on steels, again just my taste.

Have tried my minilightys with XAS boots and I like the look but still to try my knock on minilights as I think with a spinner they will look even better.

Go on, tell me, why can I see the sea through the back wheel arch (cliff top shot), must be an optical illusion but it does look strange.

Did you have you spare wheel in the slot? I have a similar tail high attitude but the whole thing has to settle the new suspension for a few hundred miles I suppose.

I think the joy will keep building as you take the car out more and more, I know I am loving getting to grips with a sidescreen again and wringing it's neck.

Hi Guy,

From a distance I thought you had crossed it with a mazda MX5, personally I don't think a sidescreen looks right on steels, again just my taste.

Have tried my minilightys with XAS boots and I like the look but still to try my knock on minilights as I think with a spinner they will look even better.

Go on, tell me, why can I see the sea through the back wheel arch (cliff top shot), must be an optical illusion but it does look strange.

Did you have you spare wheel in the slot? I have a similar tail high attitude but the whole thing has to settle the new suspension for a few hundred miles I suppose.

I think the joy will keep building as you take the car out more and more, I know I am loving getting to grips with a sidescreen again and wringing it's neck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Rod,

You ca n see the sea through my arch, as its a post 60 shell, has the squared up floor, and was one of those photos,

had i been two inches one way or another you wouldnt of seen it.

Car is on 195 x 60 tyres, and dont have anything in boot or slot. The photo is also deceiving as the car park is on a slight slop at that point.

And seats are Moss ones, leather jobbies had them previously in my six prior to fitment of MX5, they must be 12 years old. I plan

to fit my original type Tr3 seats back in once my trimmer has adjusted the backs.

Now covered 50 miles, and although the heater isnt plumbed up, i have found a new friend the metal gearbox tunnel. Radiating the heat nicely. :)

Cheers

Guy

Well done, Guy.

It looks really good.

On the first "cliff top" shot, judging by the tyre marks, it looks like you arrived a bit quick and parked it with a hand brake turn!!

Cheers

Allan

Hi Guy,

Did you finally get the hinge bit of the seat sorted out?

Are you going for the Grannies breath Smiths or an upgraded heater. The Clayton round matrix works well but the clearance behind dash is still cr*p, but it looks to anything but really close inspection as the original.

Watch out with those wide tyres though!!

Best regards

Rod

Hi Guy

Great to see that it's mobile once again - you must be chuffed. Thanks again for passing on the guidance on the electrics which I finally tackled just after Christmas - all working well and some new skills picked up.

Cheers - Miles

Thanks for your kind comment Chaps.

Allan,

Yup nearly messed it up and i would of been down that cliff :o , and roll bar not fitted.

Its going to take time getting used to Lhd, mainly when i go back to the car i automaticaly go to the Rhd.

Feel like a right Numpty. :lol:

Heater, its the standard one that came with the motor, i cleaned that and refitted that in the early days, and have yet to pipe it up,

and i unfortunately drove over the old heater switch, thats flat as a pancake and no use whatsoever.

Seats, well still on the to do list 50 percent done.

For Info, i fitted a Racetorations Hi Torque starter and am very pleased with both the service i recieved from Daryl and the performance

of the starter, sounds totally different to my Tr Shop Tr6 one. I actually like the sound. Car starts in seconds.

Will i be bringing the car to Malvern, dont know, maybe, see how the running in period goes, with luck nothing will fall off.

Cheers

Guy

Well done, Guy.

It looks really good.

On the first "cliff top" shot, judging by the tyre marks, it looks like you arrived a bit quick and parked it with a hand brake turn!!

Cheers

Allan

And they weren't the only skid marks in evidence either !!! ;-)

Cheers

Rob

Very well done to getting back on the road these sea views remind me of North Berwick where I live and where I did most of my shakedown run a couple of months ago.

The 3A looks a great colour and I hope to see you at Malvern . It's about a 700 mile round trip for me, but if it can do that then I might be tempted to go Continental when I retire in a year or so.

Still pondering all the Triumph 2000 OD gearbox issues before I take the plunge and take apart a great running machine on the standard gearbox!!

I had a nice run to visit some one whith a TS 3800 long door TR 2 which is not seeing much use these days, hope I can persuade him to start motoring.

The sun has shone here for 3 days !! So I think I'll take the Hardtop off for March.

Bill G @ NB

Ps I have the Revington type heater in the passenger footwell and the heat that cmes out for both demisting and leg warming is truly

remarkable.

Looking good Guy. Impressive.

Looks like it will be an enjoyable year.

Guy,

Congratulations on putting another Belgrove car on the road. It looks terrific - wheels and all - and I wish you many miles and smiles of TR motoring.

Willie