"Accident Free" TR2?

This was an interesting and appealing sales description, but I wonder about this one . . . The profile of the front cowling looks odd to me and is the rear clip from a later car or did someone just punch out holes for the additional tail lights? I don't mean to criticize the listing, because it could well be a fine car and if there are problems they will be reflected in the price.

Dan

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1954-Triumph-TR2-Long-Door-orig-California-Car-Austin-MG-Jag-Mercedes-Mustang-/140915829158?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20cf3ce9a6

Edited by 2long

I think he means "Major accident Free" by the look of the front its been rolled into a wall at low speed judging by the flatness and enevness of the damage, someone has cut the rear valance about a bit and looking at the bottom of the front wings I would expect some rust on the inner sills (rockers) but from the photos it is overall a great resto project although if I had the money I would like a lot more photos especially of the underside before bidding. Having said that the prices of TR2's especially have skyrocketed in the last couple of years even basket cases.

Cheers

Alan

Looks as if the front panel isnt actually bolted down hence why its looking out of skew. I would have said its a very good car to restore and an easy location for shipping. Worth every penny of what it makes as Black plate cars are so much easier to restore.

Stuart.