TR4s at Sebring 1963

Just got vol 11 of Motorfilms Quarterly and they have the official factory film of the TR4 team at the Sebring 12 Hour race in 1963. A bit fuzzy but still great to see them going round.

If you're into vintage and classic motorsport, I recommend MFQ. Christmas is coming! More details here:  www.motorfilms.com   No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Alan

Alan,

If this is an official Factory film I presume that they concentrated on the TR4's.

However does the film have any shots of the privately entered 1961 TRS that also ran in that race.

I also understand that the Triumph Conrero was photographed on a trailer at Sebring that year but did not take part in the race.

Regards, Richard

Richard,

Just watched it again, but there was no mention of the TRS on the soundtrack. I couldn't make out a TRS on the track either, though the picture quality isn't that good. Its difficult to make out any car unless the camera pans along with it. There is, of course, a lot of attention paid to the 4 official TR4s (all white) and a shot of the private TR4 entered by George Waltman which was light blue.

Lots of Corvettes, Cobras, Ferraris, Porsches, MGBs (out with engine bearing failure!) Healeys and a Mini!

Cheers,

Alan

Alan,

Thanks for looking, the reason I asked was that I stumbled upon what I think is a Polish web site giving all the details of the 1963 Race, cars, drivers and results.

It shows that three Works TR4's finished in 22nd, 24th and 37th places and that the TRS finished in 27th place!

Plus one privately entered TR4 coming in 39th.

Regards, Richard