MX5 seat runners rocking

I am in the process of fitting mx5 seats in my tr6 . at the moment i,am altering the runners ie making the ends flat etc.what i,am finding the runners are very stiff, some wd is helping ,but looking inside the runner they seem to use a roller type system. Perhaps some of yours have collapsed?? GIVING YOU THE PLAY IN THE RUNNERS. the other thing is the seat bases are pressed steel.could be flexing... when i was on the rr cars ,it was a common snag prob.. i just used to close up the runners in a vice !!!!! WORTH A LOOK .

Thanks Duck ( can I call you that?). It's wobbly with no load on the seat so I don't think there's a problem with the seat pan. The fore and aft works sweetly and it seems to lock positively. Both seats are the same, same wobbly rattle.

(null)

Edited by peejay4A

A bit of googling reveals that rattling passenger seats is a common MX5 problem. One suggestion is to nip up the runner channels a bit with a mole wrench.

PS, when I said wobbly I didn't mean that they wobble about all over the place, they just rattle a bit.

Edited by peejay4A