Dynamat stuff

HI

not sure how to browse the topics so if it has been done before apologies

looking at the g/box tunnel i got my eye on the sound deadening from overhaulin Chip foose in the moss book

whats it like

is it worth a few hundred pounds

does it make the difference ?

cheers

david

Blenky

in ma yout I used it on my 309GTI to stop all the panels vibrating due to my excessive sound system, did the job well ( and yes i was young and fooooooolish) :P:D

a cheap alternative is flash band from builders merchants.sticky pitch one side and black silver foil the other.comes in various widths 4" - 18".

warm it up to make it stick and its cheap.

and if your garage roofs leaking you can fix that at the same time.

richard

Sure its very good but dont expect much given the Tr native rattles and great engine note. Someone in the Us did the whole interior, floor, doors, bulkhead, gesrbox cover and boot, he has a website. Cant really see the benefit in a convertible whose character would bd compromised by silence

Sure its very good but dont expect much given the Tr native rattles and great engine note. Someone in the Us did the whole interior, floor, doors, bulkhead, gesrbox cover and boot, he has a website. Cant really see the benefit in a convertible whose character would bd compromised by silence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was probably Bob Danielson. He used Fat Mat, very similar stuff.

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/FatMat.htm

In my GT6 I have used Eastwood Thermo-Coustic Sound Deadener Material available from Frosts Auto Restoration. It's self adhesive (butyl?) rubber mat with a heavy aluminium foil backing. It's easily cut with a good pair of scissors, costs about about half the price of Dynamat and seems to do the trick.

Tony

HI there Mr Clark good to here from you

foolish boy a 309 i thought it would have been a 205 1.9GTI that was my vice

hope you are keeping well

Neil i know its a TR but you also know i get my eye on things an OOOOH that looks nice

i am planning the paint job on the car so the interior needs to come out hence the questions on the tunnel, i also think the guy who had it before me has used over thick underlay under the carpet it looks like a shop floor sandwich

so the thinking is thin it down but keep the heat out fumes out and quieter to hear the CD when on long journeys

Tony i will check out Frost

PS i was only fitting to the floor as fitting to all the panels etc looks a bit excessive

Have a look on E bay there are some really good deals on there, powerful-uk-ltd sells closed cell foam with a foil face which won't absorb water, also found technik! had the best deals for Fatmat which I bought for my 380SL but not fitted yet(non standard exhaust, I love the V8 rumble but the boss not impressed!) :)

Graham

The thing about fat mat (and other brands) is that it quietens down unwanted noises like transmission/axle/tyre noise as well as general drumming. This means you can hear the engine/exhaust noise much better.

The difference it made in my old Cobra replica was amazing. You'd think a fiberglass kit car with a big V8 would be the last place to install this sort of stuff but it made it so much better it was brilliant.

Simon