Wont be able to afford a TR soon if this keeps up

£28,500...phew, nice but still nearly E-type dosh

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR6-RED-/140901705247?clk_rvr_id=433189147063

If it's been done properly it would cost you far more than that to have it professionally rebuilt to a high standard. So probably worth every penny of the asking price to the seller, and it does have a heated towel rail just likes Guy's......................

Cheers

Andrew

Those pictures look like Racetorations workshop to me, if so he will be dropping a packet on it.

Stuart.

Those pictures look like Racetorations workshop to me, if so he will be dropping a packet on it.

Stuart.

It really defies belief. What a waste of a good TR. You really have to wonder at people who do this kind of thing...... do they believe everything the dealer tells them and then sells to them?

If people want to do this kind of thing then buy a TVR in the first place.

Alan

It really defies belief. What a waste of a good TR. You really have to wonder at people who do this kind of thing...... do they believe everything the dealer tells them and then sells to them?

If people want to do this kind of thing then buy a TVR in the first place.

Alan

So it’s got triple Webbers (and probably a breathed on lump), a couple of mesh grilles, heated towel rails for bumpers, bucket seats and a racing front spoiler - why does that make this a ‘waste of a good TR’ and comparable to a TVR Alan?

Replace the grille and bumpers and you’d have a well sorted and stonking TR6.

Edit: Oh, and I'd remove the roll bar!

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

Guy is going to be so jealous, as it has two heated rails! I wonder how they get the plumbing to the rear one? :ph34r:

Yes it has been photographed in Racetorations' workshop, I can recognise that !

Jolly good looking evolution car, doubtless goes like the ruddy clappers, and it all looks as well executed as you'd expect - OK, a wadge of upgraded performance ancillaries, but it's still a TR and not a halfway to a TVR nor yet into the hotrod category.

Not everyone wishes to drive round in a 1972 time warp.

But the towel rails I could live without, agreed . . . . .

Offers on £28,500 ? Hardly expensive for what's gone into it, and probably half its cost . . . .

Cheers,

Alec

He'll be lucky to get in the £20K's for it. Very very limited market for this kind of thing. Recently a silver lookalike was up for sale in the NE and it just managed to sell (for no-where near what he wanted) after months and months!

Must be honest the heated towel rails do it NO favours whatsoever. I like the catheter quip.....humorous.

The point that I was making about buying a TVR in the first place was very obvious and any need to expand on my initial observations should not be necessary really.

I am not a TVR lover although I have owned 2 in the 1990's but a good TVR 350C for less than what this cost him would be the logical thing to have done...... but its his car and he can do what he likes with it! Like sell it!

I am not being grumbly here just merely stating the obvious.

Alan

He'll be lucky to get in the £20K's for it. Very very limited market for this kind of thing. Recently a silver lookalike was up for sale in the NE and it just managed to sell (for no-where near what he wanted) after months and months!

Must be honest the heated towel rails do it NO favours whatsoever. I like the catheter quip.....humorous.

The point that I was making about buying a TVR in the first place was very obvious and any need to expand on my initial observations should not be necessary really.

I am not a TVR lover although I have owned 2 in the 1990's but a good TVR 350C for less than what this cost him would be the logical thing to have done...... but its his car and he can do what he likes with it! Like sell it!

I am not being grumbly here just merely stating the obvious.

Alan

Hi Alan

the one in the NE didnt have towel rails (sorry guy)

i wanted to buy that silver one but the wife said i had to keep what i had

i think tweaking the 6's is OK my boy wants me to remove the bumpers on mine

it could be a good balance to mod a car to attract the younger people to take these on but keep all the parts for when they get my age and put it back to std

cheers

david

I know the car when it was there, lets say be sure of your car when overtaking it ;)

Or trying to ;):lol::lol:

Stuart.

The Racetorations spoiler is quite often seen, and better than the original. The seats are not unusual, neither are the towel rails. All of these are minor details. The front grille I do not like, nor the missing black painted rear. Again just details. If it is a recent Racetorations car and as good as it looks in principal then it is a nice car properly priced.

David.

Chaps

Right thats it,................... going to flog my Tr6 and buy a Tvr as

suggested. Tr3 might as well go as well,

Later <_<

Guy

Guy I would hang on ;) went to buy a new TVR many years ago at a main dealer and not one of the cars could you open the doors and not mark the paint on the b post :lol:

Guy I would hang on ;) went to buy a new TVR many years ago at a main dealer and not one of the cars could you open the doors and not mark the paint on the b post :lol:

Why would Guy find that unusual? :D

Coat on and already halfway out the door..................... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

Why would Guy find that unusual? :D

Coat on and already halfway out the door..................... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Andrew

Andrew

I would start running fast if i were you, but that may be an issue at the moment :D you poor thing. :P .

As for Carl you must be doing to much polishing matey, my motor has bars front and back.

For me the only thing for me that doesnt look right on that motor is the large roll bar, yes i have one but its

not in your face like that one. The grill , and then theres that common colour :P

Overall though its a nice motor worth every penny .

Neil

I always wanted a Tvr, i think i told you the story of the Chimera and my lawyer <_< anyway thats how i ended up with the Tr6.

Perhaps then a Caterham would be more appealling, can just about carry a toothbrush in the back, so that fine.

Cheers

Guy