I its good enough for RVDonk

Getting on with my rebuild the black paintwork I thought needed a bit of brightwork.

so asking Raymond for advice seemed the way to go,I thought the badges on his TR3A wings looked very smart, now I knew where to get them.

Stuck one on (no chance of getting it off without breaking it) and added a small Brit union flag, which is stuck on only with masking tape at present, may move it a bit.

Also putting a sidelamp on the rear wing, as per TR250/5 cars, this breaks the slab side of the wing, but a small badge above may yet happen, any suggestions?

The badges both came from Rover vehicles a 2000 saloon and an MG box car for the flag.

DSC00001_zps1d86c679.jpg

DSC00007_zpse0a4c8a6.jpg

I have a couple of small flags on the side of my Stag and would love to get rid of them but unfortunately they are screwed on. The previous owner had also positioned a small V8 badge on each wing which where fortunately only stuck on - they have long since been removed.

So Peter, whatever you decide to do my advice would be not to make it permanent and to give yourself the opportunity to remove them at a later date if you change your mind.

By the way, I think that a nice set of chrome wires will really look well with the black coachwork.

Regards

Peter

HPIM2930.jpg

Hi Peter

We have two small flags on the back of our TR4A.. one is the French Flag and the other is the St George's Cross... They are both screw on, but we knew we wanted them, so it didn't matter to us..

As a matter of interest, few foreigners seem to recognise the St George's Cross, or to realize its significance, and that makes another topic of conversation... gives us the chance to chat on a bit about the United Kingdom and its history...

regards

Stella :D

"Hi Peter

We have two small flags on the back of our TR4A.. one is the French Flag and the other is the St George's Cross... They are both screw on, but we knew we wanted them, so it didn't matter to us..

As a matter of interest, few foreigners seem to recognise the St George's Cross, or to realize its significance, and that makes another topic of conversation... gives us the chance to chat on a bit about the United Kingdom and its history...

regards

Stella :D"

We should send you a screw on map of OZ, so you can explain that it isn't just over the border from Switzerland and Germany.

Edited by littlejim

Hi Peter

Why don´t you try double sided tape first to see if you like it, you can move it around to get the best position, then use a new bit of tape to stick it on more permanently. I just used a bit to fix on a temp. counterweight onto my out of balance wheels on my bandsaw, to get it to balance, then removed the tape plus counterweight and drilled out some weight on the heavy side equivalent to the counterweight, worked perfectly,trying to get the tape plus off, was quite a task as it stuck like you know what to an army blanket and it stood the centrifugal force no bother, so static fixing must be old hat.

Dave

Hi Peter

Why don´t you try double sided tape first to see if you like it, you can move it around to get the best position, then use a new bit of tape to stick it on more permanently. I just used a bit to fix on a temp. counterweight onto my out of balance wheels on my bandsaw, to get it to balance, then removed the tape plus counterweight and drilled out some weight on the heavy side equivalent to the counterweight, worked perfectly,trying to get the tape plus off, was quite a task as it stuck like you know what to an army blanket and it stood the centrifugal force no bother, so static fixing must be old hat.

Dave

Dave I'm going to do that just with a bit of cheap double sided stuff like you suggest, then my painter has some that is very potent and doesn't come off, I have been given some more suggestions for badges from Raymond, and one of them isn't handed so I shall have a good look before permanently sticking them on.

BTWay that film WAS gruesome but as you say how was it done!