1973 brochure

Hi folks

Has anyone got a paper copy of this brochure? The reason I ask is that Derek (in the latest TR register magazine) has got my car (CP77058-0) down as the one used in this brochure but when I look at examples on the 'net the seats and trim are a different colour (they show them as black whereas mine are light tan). Is it possible they changed them after the photo shoot or is there another car (mine) pictured that I haven't seen?

Many thanks

J'mo

Interesting little topic...I still have my original 1969 TR6 Sales Brochure I picked up when I was a drooling twenty something (when I had hair and my own teeth damn it!)...from Berkeley Square Garages (Main Dealers for Leyland and Standard Triumph) showroom in Berkeley Square, London near where I worked back then.

The Damson & Tan, wire wheeled car on the front & back covers is MVC 999H. Inside features a Red one VAB 862H and two Primrose Yellow ones MWK 747H & MWK 747G

Do we know if these cars survive today?

One small point of observation as an aside, all the cars featured in the brochure have their front numberplates fitted to the front bumper flush with the top edge of the bumper, as did my '69 H Reg car! I always thought mine was incorrectly fitted in that way, so had my original early type CP front bumpers number plate holes filled in when I had it rechromed! Was I actually incorrect to do that? As I'm a stickler for originality, as I thought it should hang on 'L' brackets below the bumper...or is that just for later cars?

Edited by Denis

A bit of clarity on the numberplates follows:

VAB 862H - number never issued as an H reg

MWK 747G - number issued to a Herald

MWK 747H - number never issued

CWK 600L - number never issued

CKV 281L - number never issued

MVC 999G & H - number never issued - this TR6 is actually CP25001 and eventually became PHP 74G

As to my surmising that CP77058-O was used in the brochure, the age and external colour are correct for when the brochure was produced at the end of the 1972 production and some of the images in the brochure are not of the 1973 model but retouched 1972 features. Trim is easily changed, the 1970 Earls Court Motor Show car also red had white trim but when sold had black trim

cheers

Derek

That's all a bit odd then? I aquired my brochure at least two years before I bought my TR6 in 1972.

Perhaps the Printers Colour separation house played with the colours and the Number Plates? Which seems like a bit of a phaff...maybe they only had one car to play with in the Photo shoots? Which is unlikely as some of the cars have wire wheels others have steel rims! I can't imagine them having time to play mechanics during a photo shoot! and it/they must have had some sort of Registration plate/s as the car/s is shown in various outdoor locations!

Edited by Denis

Denis,

Triumph had quite a collection of TR6's that they used in their publicity material not all of which had numberplates, for example the one that follows shows MWK 665G with no front numberplate, an obvious candidate for the first brochure you would have thought, however it is LHD and probably too similar a colour to the one RHD TR6 that existed on the 9th December 1968 when the images for the 1969 UK brochure were taken according to the photographic archives which mean't there was only the prototype available plus nearly 2000 North American LHD spec of course. Retouching up the images for later versions of the brochure was no doubt to save money.

cheers

Derek

PS I guess that they must have had a screwdriver on board to remove the front numberplate.

img033.jpg