Tr3a Front bumper or not........

Hi Fellow sidescreeners,

When i removed my bumpers from my Tr6, i got plenty of grief at home, and from fellow Tr owners.

They have been on for a while and still get grief from some kind souls, they insist on calling them heated Towel rails :mellow:

whilst at Le Mans this year one individual, clearly of small braimn thought it funny to hang his undercrackers on them. :o

The mind boggles :unsure:

Anyway i like the bumperless look on the six and also on the 3

Untitled-1.jpg

I am considering the bumperless look on the front, but would still like to fit a bar of some description,

for spots etc, also have to consider the number plate fitment.

Does anyone know what bars will fit a three.

Cheers

Guy

Whilst the smoother look of the front end without a bumper is nice, I prefer the overall appearance of the car with a bumper. It would probably prevent some rather expensive body and paint repairs if one had a small bump at the front although I can´t imagine it will deflect much of an impact !

Personally, I will be leaving my bumper on. (As it hides the accident damage and subsequent filler that the previous owner saw fit to bestow upon the car :rolleyes: )

Yes, the chrome trim with the badges looks quite acceptable, perhaps even better than the original bumper. However to leave a 3A with bare holes alone makes it look unfinished and slightly ugly, I assume you won't do that.

Your six looks magnificent with the towel rail and spoiler - meaty and mean. Very nice nice wheels too!

Martin

Its your car Guy so your call ;) I tried a few ideas and the bumper looked best in the end for me :D

Yes Neil you are right, i like the look in the photo, without the badges.

lylis6.jpg

So does anyone know where i can get a bar like the above, or similar.

Or is it a make my own time

Cheers

Guy

Just to keep me Happy :P, Fit a Small Mouth Front and No Bumper :wub: .

Niall,

Dont get me started, that was my original plan, but the wide mouth has grown on me :)

Nb About time you updated your signature photo, your car looks nothing like it

Cheers

Guy

Niall,

Dont get me started, that was my original plan, but the wide mouth has grown on me :)

Nb About time you updated your signature photo, your car looks nothing like it

Cheers

Guy

I'm in Disguise,Staying Below the Radar :ph34r: .

I ain't fitting the front bumper on TS4178, but that leaves me with the questions where do I put the number plate and have I done a good enough job on the nose to leave its lower edge exposed?

I ain't fitting the front bumper on TS4178, but that leaves me with the questions where do I put the number plate and have I done a good enough job on the nose to leave its lower edge exposed?

Good Question

Stick on plate below grill??

Cheers

Guy

Best place I saw a number plate on a bumper-less TR3A was attached to the radiator protection shield.

It complied with the legal requirement of being visible to a copper standing so many feet away but was invisible to overhead speed cameras!

I recall seeing a TR3A having Morris Traveller rear 1/4 bumers fitted at the front. This was part of my research in 1975 as my own car came less bumper. I eventually bought a Hillman Imp one from the breakers, same profile and almost the right length (all for a fiver)

I like bumpers as they offer some degree of protection to the bodywork from the pillocks that 'park by braille'

This is why I leave the tow bar fitted to my Eurobox - made a lovely hemispherical dent in a Transit rear, that reversed into it!

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Yes Guy,

but it's cheap and easy - and you know the other bloke will come off worst . . . . . :D

Paint it black, the towels will dry quicker if it's hot. :P

Cheers,

Alec

Alec

Thanks for your suggestion,

Its appreciated :D

But not alot

:lol::lol:

Cheers

Guy

I kept the rear bumpers on my old 3A but omitted the front one, and just stuck white letters on the front, looked well too. The TR4 looked even better but the body contours do favor it better, But am having bumpers on my present 4 now being assembled.

pics5004-2.jpg

DSC03765-4.jpg

Edited by pfenlon