Sunshine roof in a hard top

I am pondering putting the hard top on my 6 and wondered if anyone has ever converted one to a surrey or put a Webasto in it? I have looked on the internet but all standard Webastos seem to be too big, does anyone know if they can be made to bespoke sizes?

Also I have all the chrome strips but no fixings or bolts. I think the fixings for the chrome are easy to get, but has anybody got a set of brackets and bolts for the mountings by the door they don't want?

Pete

There is a TR6 down here with a hardtop that has had the glass flip up sunroof fitted to it. Different!

Stuart.

My 1975 TR6 which I bought in 1976, had a Webasto sunroof in it fitted by the dealers Evans and Cutler from new. It was Mimosa with a black hardtop. The sunroof had a tinted wind deflector. It was of course a short opening roof but they could be made to a short length. I had no soft top or tonneau and therefore had to be careful about the weather when the hardtop was off, which was rare.

Id like to replicate it but guess the cost would be prohibitive.

David.

Sorry...but I can't imagine why anyone would want a 'Hard Top' on a Sports Car anyway...let alone wanting to make an opening in it! :rolleyes:

Grow old disgracefully like me in Hemel...Driving top down blows away the years Peter! ;)

Edited by Denis

Denis

I live in Kings Langley, why aren't you a member of the North London Group?

I love top down too, but there are times a hard top might be good. I had a Surrey on my TR4 and you still get a lot of wind in your hair!

Pete