TR driving season over for 2012 !

Raised the blinds this morning to find a small change in the weather had occurred overnight. Where yesterday there was a little grey cloud but still mild autumnal temperatures, today looked a little different :

IMG_6216.jpg

We´ll be needing snowchains if we´re planning on going out today ! :)

Believe there have been a few similar views in the UK over the last few days. Back in the 60's, I remember when my first TR3A was my daily driver and I went to work in the snow every day with the good old Firestone "Town and Countries" on the back. Quite snug with the heater on full blast. Can even remember ferrying around people from the office with more modern machinery!

These days with a couple of decent snow tyres, you would have no problem keeping going in the snow. If you want to stop too, suggest two more on the front.

But then you would know all about this in Switzerland. Thing is, its actually a very good idea in UK too. My set of winter Goodyears will be shortly going onto the Focus again for a few months. If you have never tried them, you would not believe how good they are on snow and ice.

Clive

My kids are very happy to see that the first snow has fallen in Switzerland. My wife and kids are off to Laax in February - they really like lots and lots of snow. I don't. I stay at home!

And indeed it's snow tyres week overhere: tomorrow my daily driver (the Saab) and later this week, my wife's car.

My TR is already hibernating. Last weekend, it was 24 degrees overhere. At that time, I wasn't too happy about the fact that I had taken the TR off the road already :blink: . This morning it was -5 degrees! Yesterday morning the first snow has fallen in the northern part of Holland.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij

On Friday Louise and I went for our last drive in the TR3A for this season. It was 20 deg. C and lovely sunshine. Life in a TR is great. Life is great !!

I'll cancel the Quebec licence plate coverage for the winter as well as the insurance coverage for winter storage and I'll be getting about $140.00 ( £85.) refund.

Till next April - See you then.

Edited by Don Elliott

On Friday Louise and I went for our last drive in the TR3A for this season. It was 20 deg. C and lovely sunshine. Life in a TR is great. Life is great !!

I'll cancel the Quebec licence plate coverage for the winter as well as the insurance coverage for winter storage and I'll be getting about $140.00 ( £85.) refund.

Till next April - See you then.

Is that a good idea Don? I would have a laid up cover of some sort

There are indeed a few glorious reasons to live in the USA especially Florida. My 59 TR3A and I are out and about 12 months a year. Today happens to be about 83F. I did however, live in Minnesota for about 25 years where I either put my pride and joy away or put on the snow tyres and froze with enjoyment. Given the option, I choose the warmth of the south and a 12 month motoring experience

There are indeed a few glorious reasons to live in the USA especially Florida. My 59 TR3A and I are out and about 12 months a year. Today happens to be about 83F. I did however, live in Minnesota for about 25 years where I either put my pride and joy away or put on the snow tyres and froze with enjoyment. Given the option, I choose the warmth of the south and a 12 month motoring experience

Hi Rick

You and me both fellow TR3A friend. Here in Spain we make a point of Xmas Day and New years day drives, a little wrapped up but happy to be alive and enjoying life and our TR3A.

Dave