Rapid indicators

Has anyone got any ideas on why the indicators 6 are very fast after the first indication?

All the fuses and relays were replaced during the recently finished restoration. I also cannot hear that they are on and I read on another thread about a buzzer and light modification that a member had made. Does anyone have a copy of the instuctions he issued on how to make you own one?

I am also requiring a 4 wheel alignment after having my chassis straightened. Has anybody used someone in Scotland who could do this for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi Felix,

welcome to the forum.

I know it sounds silly but are the indicator lights working after the first flash.

Do they go fast on both left and righthand sides.?

Have you got the correct wattage filament bulbs fitted.?

Have you got an original flasher unit or a cheap repro or an electronic unit?

Roger

Thanks Roger

The flashers work but very fast on both sides after the first flash.

I have not checked the bulbs but all were fitted at an experienced restoration garage. I am maybe wrong to assume that they will be correct. As for the flasher unit I have no idea what has been fitted but all electrics including the wiring loom have been replaced.

Hi Felix,

Take all the bulbs out and check they are the correct wattage.

Locate and check the flasher unit - swap with a known good one!! or fit a modern quality item - www.vehicleproducts.co.uk page 38 RFL4 or RFL5.

Get a circuit diagram and see where the wires go (or don't)

Roger

PS - having seen the following post I realise the flashers above are for the earlier cars - oops!

Edited by RogerH

Hi

If changing the relay a lot here on the forum have used this to improve the flashers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_nkw=flasher+relay+triumph+tr6&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_armrs=1&_ssn=bbclassiccars

PIAA

• 2 weeks later...