a sad day got to sell my great tr6 due to divorce , she wants 1\2

As ive said its got to go , i will only have space for one more car , if anyones interested, i will sell for £20,000 or swop for tr2\3\4\4a ---value £10,000 + car same value or near!! that way she gets her bit and i still have a tr ! im letting club members have 1st offer as many of you will remember what a great car it is , for those who dont know it has a 5.3 v8 corvette engine,auto vette 350 turbo box + the ultimate diff g motors not triumph, no rust left hand drive ,ex calif car all new paint,new seats covered in jaguar hide ( not the cat ) & alcatara seats s\steel roll twin roll bar, tvr seats new carpets, carbon fibre dash, new gauges, radoi cd player, steering wheel, custom bodywork & stripes + loads more of everything no expence spared ,1973 reg, mot, new tyrers, mohair hood & cover. it goes on ---- call me direct kelvin 07956276751 dont ring my housenumber if you have it i dont live there anymore------------- or kelvinbarber@msn.com my email is ok

remember its left hand drive ---------------------- can deliver if req

regards sad kelvin

post-6305-0-77001900-1350654466_thumb.jpg

post-6305-0-99997100-1350654483_thumb.jpg

post-6305-0-48345800-1350654507_thumb.jpg

post-6305-0-77001900-1350654466_thumb.jpg

post-6305-0-99997100-1350654483_thumb.jpg

post-6305-0-48345800-1350654507_thumb.jpg

Always sorry to hear of someone's divorce problems - but the TR6 -

Not everyone's cup of tea, with that engine and trim scheme -

But a great car nonetheless for the right guy.

(edit - definitely, now that all the photos have downloaded)

AND

it's in even my team colours - HWTL)

My divorce settlement was - I got "all the TRs and garage contents"

(she knew about TR 2100 but didn't know about the rest!) and she got

the house contents (all well used and scruffy). Guess I got lucky.

Hope you find a satisfactory replacement (early TR4 recommended on

grounds of looks, enjoyment and cost) and stay with us on the Forum.

AlanR

Edited by TR 2100

KEL

Very sorry to learn of your 'problems'... A chap I know had a very nice TR4 - when it came to his divorce, he took the car to bits and so making it worth less for the settlement... Perhaps a method worth considering?

All the best

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, It looks like I might be able to keep the 6after all ..also I have just picked up my tr3.... from my house wich I no longer own when I uncovered it she has put a large dent in rear passenger wing so anyone got a tr3 wing ? So now Im looking for a house with 2 or a double garage not easy with £££££££ she,s left me with still I'm old free and single so all is not lost,. If it does not rain Wednesday I'll take it to club night at the moat fingers crossed regards kel

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Happy new year guys,,, I took out the tr6 the other day for long drive, it's such a pleasure to drive I,d almost forgotten how great it is, I had a tear up on the motorway with a stingray it was great seeing him keep looking in his mirror trying to loose me , no chance?. It's a shame I've got to sell it after all the work I've put into it and money, still it's worth it to buy a better house ,well maybe cos it's winter I'm thinking that ,I will loose the ball and chain have a new house and still have my tr3 wich is my favourite car out of all the cars I've owned .im a bit reluctant to advertise it I will poss wait until the last moment .....anyone interested call me? Regards kelvin

Sad to read that you'll have to execute your plan. And glad to read you'll be keeping the 3.

Perhaps this is an idea: is there someone who's willing to buy the car with the additional note that you can buy it back when possible? I did the same for a fellow watch collector: he lost his job, needed money and sold his collection. I bought two watches with the note mentioned above. About 15 months later, he bought back 1 watch. And the one still in my collection will be heading his way mid '13 when all stays the same.

Menno