Start up time...

After a year and a few minutes preparation she fired up at the merest tickle of the starter and settled down to a steady idle. Now of course the rear crank seal is seeping but that's for another day, or year.

L1030973.jpg

looking great and must have been a nice feeling when she sttarted so easily.

Weeping seal just confirms that she is alive and ready to mark territory.

Hi Neil and thanks. It was disappointing but the engine has actually been standing unused for about 2 years. I started it in the chassis last year before the bodywork and it's been idle again since then until now. I'll have to see how it goes.

Damn, you beat me to it. I should have started mine a few months ago but chickened out.

I've now got some very fine copper pipe for the oil gauge. I'll re-plumb that and remove another excuse.

Roger

PS Ooops - nearly forgot - excellent stuff. I'm slightly green with envy.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Thanks folks. Plenty more to do before it rolls properly. A minor triumph today (couldn't resist that) was fitting the door locks and internals. After all the mucking around dismantling them it was good to find that they both work exactly how they should. They are the originals so the chrome isn't great but I swapped them side for side to present a less pitted surface to view.