Wheeler Dealers' TR6 - first picture!

Have to agree with all thats been written above. Yes I looked forward to this program and no I wasn't disappointed. They got as much as they could out of an hour but here's a tip Wheeler Dealers....dont spend so long re-tracing your own steps at the top of each quarter of an hour, just after the adverts. There is no need to keep on churning up details over and over again. This time could and should have been put to more use letting us see more things that they actually did but didn't show!

They seemed to make a good job of fitting the hood actually.......but as stated above they should have spent a little more time on the detailing.

Yes I did think the buying was silly really, I mean who's going to place an ad, at £8,500 and take £6,000 ? Not me thats for sure!

Overall though very refreshing to get some TR6 attention. We really should think ourselves honoured as that TR6 could have landed up with a "Halfords reject spoiler" on it like the Nissan GT ended up with the week before......big uck!!!

Well done Wheeler Dealers for nearly joining the "Man's Club".

Alan

here's a tip Wheeler Dealers....dont spend so long re-tracing your own steps at the top of each quarter of an hour, just after the adverts. There is no need to keep on churning up details over and over again. This time could and should have been put to more use letting us see more things that they actually did but didn't show!

Thats for the American market ;):lol:

Stuart.

It seems you poured good coolant (and money) down the drain, figuratively speaking I hope!

Don't be misled by the colour red, 4Life is an Inorganic Additive Technology (IAT) product and the Litmus content turns it red (or cherry) and as such is suitable for classics - it is not an Organic Acid Technology (OAT) (usually red) which is modern anti-freeze and corrosively harmful to classics with cast iron blocks, see: http://www.tr-regist...topic=32761&hl=

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks for that, Andrew. I see from that thread a number of people were misled by the colours! I had to trash the 4Life in the car when the head gasket blew and then found the back of the block was silted up (despite it being supposedly a "fully rebuilt" engine - long story!). Still got a couple of bottles so may put it back in one day.

It was interesting to see the WD lads dropping the newly replaced hood into the rear area like a sack of tatties. Oh dearie me! I wonder why the original hood ended up with opaque windows and fold marks.......yep thats because the hood and frame were not folded up correctly. Then MB and EC did just the same to the new one........that is tantamount to sacriledge! Unzip rear window first and drop it parallel to the inside rear trim panel and loosen vinyl material by un -popping the press studs underneath and fold out the material over the boot then drop frame into well bringing the quarter windows over and in. Then hood bag.

The quick drop might work well on an Alfa spider but not on a TR6, unless you want to fit another hood in the not too distant............!! Simples really.

Edited by cp25616

I note that Discovery are repeating the show tonight at 10.00pm. I have to agree with the other comments - the car was way too cheap, a rust free shell with what looked like a new paint job (TR6 badges missing on wings), would fetch £6k alone. Having been involved with two BBC Documentaries, I know how contrived and uneconomical with the truth they can be to make good TV. The general public were led to believe that rust free cars are readily available at knock down prices - whereas we owners know differently

...dont spend so long re-tracing your own steps at the top of each quarter of an hour, just after the adverts. There is no need to keep on churning up details over and over again.

I find that so annoying - lots of programme makers seem to do it nowadays.

Dare I admit to enjoying the WD episode on the Isetta this week :unsure:

Regards

Peter

Hah! When I used to pick my son up from senior school in mine he used to hide behind park cars so his mates didn't get to see him in it! :rolleyes:

LOL.....my 10 y.o. daughter cried the first time I picked her up from school and made me promise never to do it again......so I did, the following week! :P

Enjoyed the show - if only re-trimming a hood was so so easy...

They do more than they document on film. If they showed everything, each feature would have no depth. I think they packed a lot in to this hour's anyway.

The buy was a fix, or the po was a simpleton.

I know a guy who bought the Chevy Bel-air off their americana series. The list of work they carried out was huge and the car is fab, only a small portion was covered.

When I was looking for my TR6 I emailed the WD site to see if they would find and restore one for me.....I guess someone else got there before me!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I find that so annoying - lots of programme makers seem to do it nowadays.

Dare I admit to enjoying the WD episode on the Isetta this week :unsure:

Regards

Peter

Yep, good for the programmes producers - they only have to make 30 minutes or so of content and claim a 1 hour show. Or do they think we're all stupid and can't remember what happened at the beginning?

Mike