Magnificent Machines

This programme was magnificent! THE VERY BEST OF BRITISH!! If they brought out the original 'E' Type Jaguar today it would still be a winner ~ the shape is timeless!

Think back to the austere days of 1948 when those who could afford a car drove Morris 8's and Standard "Flying"? 8's and the XK 120 appeared!!!

All the British sports cars depicted were the BEST!

There isn't one American 'sports?' car I'd ever want to own!

The Best of British!

Rule Britannia!

Tom. (I'm bloody glad I bought my Series 1 'E' Type when I did!!) :)

Edited by Fireman049

Her indoors likes the XK120 best as well. Or at least she did till I told her they were £75K+ ! At which point she decided the 3 was ok.

:)

Sterling work Andy !

Inspiring stuff - if only I had my TR on the road and it wasn´t the most miserable, wet autumn in my Swiss history ! (Awaiting accusations of being a big girl´s blouse !)

Absolutly fantastic ! Thanks to allow us to see this fabulous testimonial to British history on 4 wheels !

I've watched the rerun of the program last night. And I enjoyed every minute of it. For those who are (like me) not too familiar with the British tax laws in the post war era, this was very educational. And I didn't know of Triumphs fault to reject Pat Moss' request for support and sponsorship. Indeed, not a thing to be proud about...

Menno