Fitting Mazda MX5 Seats - How To?

Hi Guys

I have just purchased a pair of MX5 seats to fit to my TR6. Could someone please tell me how I go about this - do I need new runners or can I adapt what I have got, or do they simply just bolt in on the MX5 runners? Cheers, Steve Young

If you have the CD of the Technicalities then the fitting instructions and pattern for the mounting brackets are contained on that.(If not get in touch with the office and they will send you one.)

Stuart.

Hi,

You need a set of mounting brackets. I've tried two types and found those from TR Trader to be the better ones. They use the same mounting fixings as the standard runners. www.trtrader.com or 0161 485 5005.

Jim

I have fitted Mark 1 Mx5 seats to my TR6. Using the TR Trader brackets I had to cut off the cone shaped locating pins from the Mx5 seat runners and then straighten the runners. The brackets were bolted to the Tr, and the Mx5 seats dropped on to the brackets, the seat height can be adjusted a bit using washers provided for the brackets.