Alloy rocker cover - what to look for.

Mark Macy rebuilt the engine for my TR3B, and I've had the chance to see the Offenhauser valve covers in person at his shop. They're a beautifully finished piece of alloy. I think you're going to be delighted, Menno.

Don

Earlier today, Mark Macy's Offenhauser rocker cover arrived. First impression? Well made, inside and outside. No sharp edges etc. I'll will install the cover during the winter, I think.

Menno

It looks like a great rocker cover Menno and Pete's engine is a head turner with it installed. I thought Mark had decided he wasnt going to ship to Europe any more, did he change his mind or did you twist his arm ?

Stan

It looks like a great rocker cover Menno and Pete's engine is a head turner with it installed. I thought Mark had decided he wasnt going to ship to Europe any more, did he change his mind or did you twist his arm ?

Stan

We didn't discuss the 'Europe yes/no' matter - I only asked about the steep shipment costs and we agreed on the actual shipment costs and not the shipping and handling costs. And things went very smoothly from there on. Less than 12 days from the US to Holland is pretty quick, given the fact that it has to go through customs as well.

Pete's pic of the cover is a great one. Although I'm considering to install the cover the other way around, with the oil filler cap facing forward. I don't know if it's possible (position of the studs etc). We will see.

Menno

Edited by Menno van Rij