Nos TR5 PI Badges

I would say at least £350 each badge for a NOS STANPART badge.

I know some poeple will think I am mad but to get one 'restored' is £150 each badge and this will not be perfect even if you have purchased an original badge for teh basis of the restoration. I know because I have been down this avenue already...

If anyone knows of someone who can produce the 'bees knees' please post!

Bob of that there is no doubt, on my third report bonnet badge in four years, due to bits of paint flying off. Humbrel do a matt 103 which is a very close match to the repo colour used on the badges if it's only a small bit that has come off. Usually though large bits fly off.

Cheers Carl

Have to agree with 71TR6 in his valuations. The boot TR5PI badge is actually rarer than the bonnet badge. I would think about £300 for the bonnet one and £350 for the boot badge. I had an NOS bonnet badge in its Stanpart bag which I paid £250 for about 6 years ago and even that was not perfect. Ho hum!

Alan

Round yourselves up into a sufficient quorum and apply to Charles Runyan ( prop., TRF ). He's had them done before and still has TR250 badges made to the highest standard ever. Rumored to be done by the original firm. Just needs sufficient quantity to proceed. Here's a '250 badge:

TRIALSTR250BADGE.jpg

Tom is on the mark with this, Charles at TRF has been asking for a show of hands to support a run of "new" Badges for the TR5 for the last few years. In one of Charles' F/Up reports he stated that he only had interest from himself and one other enthusiast. The TR250 badges have been a great addition and of excellent quality FWIW.

Mike

Perhaps if some kind person can co-ordinate this there will be a lot of happy people.

If this goes ahead I would also like a set but depends on the price as well

IanR

Perhaps an approach to Ian Cornish and the SDF might be the constructive route forward for UK would-be purchasers ?

The SDF might be able to consider a joint venture with TRF ?

After all, TR5 badging is probably of greater interest to UK and European than to USA owners . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

I'm interested, like everyone else subject to cost.

Chris