Tracking down Jan 1954 TR 2 history

My car has Coventry registration but I only have the continuation book and would like to find out the first owner of the car,

Built on 20th January 1954 and not registered till 22nd February 1954.

I understand that around that time there were Police record cards for owners to identify drivers- where are these kept, if at all, Coventry Motor museum?

Is Coventry Motor Museum the only place to find early records?

Heretige certificate and Standard register documents do not give much.

Trying to contact the previous local owners one of whom still at the same address from 1971 so might help.

Interesting that a 12 month license in 1968 was £25.00 and 4 month £9 :15 shillings, quite a substantial proportion of the weekly earnings!

Any assistance greatly helpful.

thnx

Rod

I hope that you are successful but I am struggling to find much out about my car....it seems that with centalisation of the DVLA and computerisation in general most hard cpoy records of any kind were lost/destroyed.

Maybe if you identified the car, someone on here may have heard of it. There must be thousands of photos taken by members which in my opinion should be catalogued and made available.

You could also contact the Office as it may have belonged to another Register member.

If you do find any good data sources please let us all know.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately DVLA has returned my request for information indicating that no details are available for it's early life. I suppose the next possibility is Coventry Motor musem records to track the old Police reference cards if they exist.

If that fails I appear to be stuffed.

Tried the original owners in the continuation book but either moved or deceased.