Wheel trim refurbishment

I don't think so (unfortunately as I am currently in the same boat...)

I have it on good knowledge from a good friend who sold a NOS set to a German restoration company some years back who had a set 'restored' at great expense. Their customer was not happy with them and hence they located the NOS instead. There is a thread about it here on forum history if you know how to search these things.

Repainting them isnt too difficult just needs careful masking its the rest that would be difficult. Maybe the guys who do the stainless bumpers may be able to help.

Stuart.

Part of the problem is that the dings/dents expand the metal and trying to shrink Stainless is very difficult due to general stiffness.

A very good panel beater could make a good job but not sure about perfection - at what cost.

Perhaps one for the NSF.

Roger

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I spoke to a Mr RObery to ge tthe original drawings a few years back and to see where the tooling went

as the company was sold to an outfit in Australia their director said they were scraped,

i did approach a company regarding tooling from one of my good no dings trims, so reverse engineer it but with the gripper type fixing like the embellishers not three prongs, but i think we were getting up to £50K, i put out an advert in the TRaction and on the forum and i only got a few replies

alas work commitments now have put an end to the above

david