LUCAS Driving Lamps - corrrect replacement bulbs

I was fortunate to find an original pair of driving lamps, Lucas SFT576 & SLR576. However, upon examining the bulbs I found that they are 6 volt rather than 12 volt spec. They are conventional pre-focus type, not quartz halogen. I intend to fit these to the TR3A. Since I need to replace the bulbs anyway, what options do I have that would be compatible with the original lamp. Would halogen work? Any other issues such as heat, etc from the newer design bulbs? I don't want to fry my lovely new lamps.

Cheers, Frank

I agree with Alec on the Unipart part nos.

Light pattern is to do with matching reflector with glass with orientation of the bulb filament.

I went through this pantomime over which bulbs to specify for 'tripod' headlamps. The need is for a transverse filament without an internal dip shield. and of course LH or RH dipping to match the lens block pattern.

Using axial filament bulbs (like many halogens have) the beam pattern goes a bit wonky.

Have fun Frank.......Get it wrong and the light dribbles out and you run it over.

Cheers

Peter W

PS You could always put your bulbs in upside down and get your own back on the tosser in the overloaded Audi/BMW/Volvo with their poorly aligned HID/Xenon lamps.