What are these (aero screens) ?

Nice pic Hamish!

Enough talk of aeroscreens....still trying to wean Ben's wife off the idea????

Don't worry as I only use them for competing. You note I drive too and from (1.5hrs+) each way with the windscreen ????

Don't worry as I only use them for competing. You note I drive too and from (1.5hrs+) each way with the windscreen ????

Dumb:Smart balance restored......hopefully. Thanks Hamish ????????

Hey Edwin! You're supposed to be nimble and flexible at your age I'd have expected more of an athletic vault straight in behind the wheel .

(some may need a crane - rather like King Henry VIII mounting his charger in full armour )

Sure i am ! Next time you see an adonis in a tr2, its me !!

its quite small with the large steering wheel.. and of course i was a bit nervous because of the heritage value, what would i break ???

Sure i am ! Next time you see an adonis in a tr2, its me !!

That will be the CT 10CR Edwin ????. Looking forward to meeting up ????.

Ben.

Lovely pictures of your cars, Hamish and Edwin. :wub:

Edwin, will you have the aero screens fitted for the 10CR?

Come along, Ben......we should try aero screens......a little wind in my face may stop me falling asleep all the time!! :ph34r: Then you would have a navigator that is errm...navigating!! Oh, and I want to wear one of those biggles hats and goggles :)

Vicky. x

Come along, Ben......we should try aero screens......a little wind in my face may stop me falling asleep all the time!! :ph34r: Then you would have a navigator that is errm...navigating!! Oh, and I want to wear one of those biggles hats and goggles :)

Vicky. x

I dont think my navigator is into the screens, fighting rains :)

But perhaps i Will have them fitted and ask one of the TC2500 boys to transport the windscreen for a day crossing the alps!

Come along, Ben......we should try aero screens...Oh, and I want to wear one of those biggles hats and goggles :)

Vicky. x

Vicky- May be toooo much information on your dressing up wants !!!! Edited by Hamish
  • 5 years later...
On 7/3/2017 at 10:10 PM, Ben's wife said:

Vicky. x

Over 5 years later I helped Ben fit aero screens this afternoon :-)

Well, I’m pretty impressed that I held out for so long! Honoured to have inherited TuRK’s unique screens!

4A50268F-6F5D-4836-9A4D-02F355F1DE1F.jpeg

7221F808-7690-4DAE-A84A-147F4EB049F9.jpeg

Edited by Ben Freer
28 minutes ago, Lebro said:

You'r determined to make it rain are'nt you :)

Looks good 

Bob

We desperately need some Bob!

1 hour ago, Ben Freer said:

Well, I’m pretty impressed that I held out for so long! Honoured to have inherited TuRK’s unique screens!

Very pleased they went to you Ben, better than just sitting around gathering dust in my garage and not being used. 

Have fun with them. B)

Cheers, Andrew

TRK-Cutout.jpg

4 hours ago, Drewmotty said:

Over 5 years later I helped Ben fit aero screens this afternoon :-)

WooooHoooooo!!!:):):):wub:

They look amazing!   Thank you Andrew for letting us be the new custodians of your lovely aero screens and to Drewmotty for all your time and help today:)

I'm now looking forward to sporting the new look on our trip to France at the end of September.   Do those of you that drive with aero screens recommend wearing goggles?  

Yes, Bob, the dry spell is sure to break now!:lol:  As the hood lets in water at the top of the windscreen and the side screens don't fit either, Geoffrey's wet weather gear seems to be designed to carefully channel all the rain straight into my lap.  I'm determined to go with the aero screens as I think I would rather be wet all over, than look like I've got an incontinence problem!:ph34r::blink::unsure:

Vicky xx

36 minutes ago, Ben's wife said:

WooooHoooooo!!!:):):):wub:

They look amazing!   Thank you Andrew for letting us be the new custodians of your lovely aero screens and to Drewmotty for all your time and help today:)

I'm now looking forward to sporting the new look on our trip to France at the end of September.   Do those of you that drive with aero screens recommend wearing goggles?  

Yes, Bob, the dry spell is sure to break now!:lol:  As the hood lets in water at the top of the windscreen and the side screens don't fit either, Geoffrey's wet weather gear seems to be designed to carefully channel all the rain straight into my lap.  I'm determined to go with the aero screens as I think I would rather be wet all over, than look like I've got an incontinence problem!:ph34r::blink::unsure:

Vicky xx

My experience is that you only get wet if stopped.   Hiding behind an aeroscreen in the pouring rain at speed is a jolly jape.   Yes goggles help as you need some eye protection.   A good fitting hat is of great benefit too.   Sitting in the full sun on a parked motorway is horrid.  Have a parasol to hand or wide brimmed hat.   It amuses the ‘van with windows’ drivers and their sprogs. Tricking along in a TR in a traffic jam in 1 st gear with a brolly up is so English.  Just done this pass time this week on the M25, London’s orbital car park.
Cheers

Peter W  (avid aeroscreen user)

Ben and Vicky. Enjoy the new freedom and speed.
Aero screens are great fun, less so in the rain the helmet and visor help when racing or track days in the wet like at castle Combe.

only had to stop once and that was on the way to oulton park it was just too heavy to see and be moving. 

eye protection wise. I carry a pair of workshop glasses style in the glove box for when I feel the need. 
they need not look industrial 

https://www.arco.co.uk/Web-Taxonomy/Personal-Protective-Equipment/Safety-Glasses%2C-Goggles-%26-Spares/Safety-Glasses-%26-Overspecs/c/WEB_329646

1D433644-1065-4671-B289-273A73951DCD.jpeg

0D0CEDEE-4D02-4E15-938E-057D5AB128A7.jpeg

Edited by Hamish

Do not forget that you can get bifocal safety glasses for the older ones amongst us with less than optimal near vision.  Great for reading micrometers in the workshop.

https://www.edcmag.com/best-bifocal-safety-glasses/

As an addition to all the above, The TR Register in Australia (back in the early 80's) use to have manufactured copies of the original optioned units in chromed brass. I have a set and they mount with a single bolt either side. As I can not access the details of the ones for sale, they may be some of those. I know some were sold overseas. At that time we also made thermostat housings, door striker plates and TR3 grills. Back then, parts were hard to get here.

Brian