10 day holiday with aero Screens

hi my friends

me and tors went to north Wales after the international with Guy and Stuart

and then on to Stafford Sports 6 club door to door 700miles

A Quick Summery re the Car with aero Screens

The Car performed well in the rain, and the two of us stayed dry due to good wet gear

the Goggles i bought were useless in the wet (good quality driving goggles) however i bought some skiing goggles of e bay, they were excellent due to being curved the rain blew of them and were very comfortable with interchangeable lenses

i found it easier to drive in the rain when the screen was pushed forward

i bought a leather pilots hat great until it started to rain heavy, it took two days to dry out

the road noise was terrible, and we had a job communicating i recon on buying a motorbike intercom set

Seats were very uncomfortable and i shell upgrade them

A brolly is a must sun and rain

the above is our experience, i loved it, however tors found it hard work and would prefer to travel in the 6

pink

Pink/Tors,glad to see your both Home Safe and Sound after your 10 Day Trip :wub: Brave TRing with only Side Screens for Protection :P.

Hope neither of you Shrank to much after the Bath Tub Treatment and the Welsh Water :lol:.

Edited by TR NIALL

hi my friends

me and tors went to north Wales after the international with Guy and Stuart

and then on to Stafford Sports 6 club door to door 700miles

A Quick Summery re the Car with aero Screens

The Car performed well in the rain, and the two of us stayed dry due to good wet gear

the Goggles i bought were useless in the wet (good quality driving goggles) however i bought some skiing goggles of e bay, they were excellent due to being curved the rain blew of them and were very comfortable with interchangeable lenses

i found it easier to drive in the rain when the screen was pushed forward

i bought a leather pilots hat great until it started to rain heavy, it took two days to dry out

the road noise was terrible, and we had a job communicating i recon on buying a motorbike intercom set

Seats were very uncomfortable and i shell upgrade them

A brolly is a must sun and rain

the above is our experience, i loved it, however tors found it hard work and would prefer to travel in the 6

pink

Pinky - have any photos to prove that this really took place? <_<

Hi Frank,

it's for real, we all saw them at Malvern, they deserve a gold medal for masochism . . . .

I mean, they went to Wales, it rains in Wales even on a fine day. There is no Welsh word for drought.

As my Uncle Randy used to say "Wales is God's Urinal and He pisses on us daily" - but being Welsh, atheist, and from the Valleys he was allowed to say things like that. His wife, my Auntie Lucy, was English - and a damn sight ruder about Wales. Can't say I blame them.

Cheers,

Alec

Hi Frank,

it's for real, we all saw them at Malvern, they deserve a gold medal for masochism . . . .

I mean, they went to Wales, it rains in Wales even on a fine day. There is no Welsh word for drought.

As my Uncle Randy used to say "Wales is God's Urinal and He pisses on us daily" - but being Welsh, atheist, and from the Valleys he was allowed to say things like that. His wife, my Auntie Lucy, was English - and a damn sight ruder about Wales. Can't say I blame them.

Cheers,

Alec

He was just probably in constant emotional pain since his parents decided to call him "Randy"

Hi Frank,

Cheers,

Alec

thank you Alec,

i will put you back on my Christmas list

i have asked guy if he has got pics i was to wet to take any

need prof for doubting Frank

pink

Pinky,

Well done.

I agree with your notes regarding flying helmet, goggles, and aeroscreen rake when it rains on the intrepid.

Brother Keith and I attended Malvern on Sunday in my TR with just the aeroscreens fitted. We were thoroughly rained on from just north of Evesham. Our journey from Surrey had otherwise been thoroughly pleasant. The homeward journey thankfully allowed the breeze to dry most of our clothing.

I had forgotten the nuisance of rain blocking visibility. The use of goggles helps and tipping the aeroscreen to enable view over it helps considerably.

Not sure how to word this next bit...

Our helmets have now dried out.....

My brother did Le Mans years ago with John Davis in VYP88 on aeroscreens - they came home wind burnt and scorched, with a tan that lasted till October. Unfortunately I only have B&W photos from that era.

Cheers

Peter W

Nice work Pink, you’re my new hero so do can now wear your underpants over your trousers, or tights if that's you’re thing! :D I'm guessing Tors is still drying out...............let's hope she doesn't shrink!

Having got a good soaking on the way to Classic Le Mans in 2006 is one of the reason that I went for higher screens (approx 40mm) to deflect wind, rain, insects and stones over my face and head - it worked, but you still get soaked from everywhere else but at least you can see where you’re going which useful at times!

24143_1288195200177_5582815_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

here is a pic guy took of me and tors

pink

walescar.jpg

Love it. That picture should be on the front cover of the next TR Action.

Indeed Stan, and subtitled "why don't we do it in the rain ? " . . . . . .

Yes it should Stan, but it needs to be high resolution and shot in portrait otherwise it will not be a contender, no matter how good the photo is.

Pink,

Why not write an article about your wet sidescreen adventures with photos for the next TRAction as I’m sure there’s a lot of TR owners that would love to read about it and maybe, just maybe, be humbled into using their TRs in the rain....................

222847_1019752129268_8371_n.jpg

Cheers

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Smith

If you can get a copy of the original photo at full resolution, then it could be easily cropped to portrait and probably still be within the size limitations for publication in TRaction:

This needs to have a minimum file size of 300kb, and frankly, the bigger the better; 1MB or more very welcome. This is because we have to supply all photos at a minimum resolution (dots per inch) of 300 dpi to the printers; so the bigger the original file we have to work from the better.

Well worth doing as it is a potential candidate for best photo of the year.

Hopefully this will work - here we are sheltering in the 2 (with aeroscreens) during a heavy downpour on the way to CLM this year. We stopped here beside the road, and our friends in their MGB behind took this picture. We had to stop a few miles previously when the rain was so heavy I couldn't see where I was going!

Rod

post-4992-0-26710500-1345997515_thumb.jpg

post-4992-0-26710500-1345997515_thumb.jpg